Talk on Congress

by Marcel 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marcel
    Marcel

Hi!

ive been attended (i do not know the english word for it) the last smaller-than-district-two-days-congress and their was a "joke" from the overseer in a talk i got sick of.

he talked about guys he has talked to in fieldservice (but i guess its completely made up). he asked them what their god is.
    the first guy showed him his house and the second his harley davidson.
    he continued by saying that these gods will lead to death in armageddon and how dumb it is to refuse the JW god.
    and then he made a joke.
    the harley-davidson guy will get killed in armageddon, but his harley davidson will survive HAHAHAHAHAHA

the whole crowd died of laugther.

for myself i thought: what will god and jesus think of this? god said he feels pain for any human regardless how wrong he is. and this overseer LAUGHS about the death of one of gods children. its not that they admit it and say its righteous. THEY LAUGH!
    when will they stop? when his (the harley man) 4 year old kid who never had the chance to understand the bible inflames to a living torch? or do they laugh because his toys will get into the new system?

i remember myself laughing about such inhuman bullshit when i was younger. and i know many witnesses telling similar jokes.

its a spit in gods face to laugh about such things. and jws are the guys who avoid blood for false reasons because they want to honor the gift of life. its all about death, death, death. nothing more.

im sick of it.

marc

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey Marc! Go ahead, get it all off your chest!

I think they call it a "Two-Day Assembly" or something similar. But a "congress" is nice, I like it:

A Jehovah's Witness Congress! ;-) (Don't give them any ideas. The WT is already practically a Gestapo, lol).

Only problem with "congress" is I thought your thread was going to be about Politics in Congress at Washington, DC. ;-) But I'm glad it isn't, as a report on the "WT Congress" is much more interesting.

As for the jokesters at the Assembly, I agree, no mocking-laughter at another's misfortune as God will not take too kindly to that:

Proverbs 17:5b - He who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Or remember THIS one:

Eccles. 7:6 - For like the crackling of thorns under a pot, So [is] the laughter of the fool. This also is vanity.

-------

As for that "glorious one" (elder/speaker) who lead the assembly by the nose into God-dishonoring laughter, here's a few more:

Proverbs 14:9 - Fools mock at sin, But among the upright [there is] favor.

-----

And as for the mindless dubs in the audience who didn't see the NON-humor of his "joke":

Proverbs 1:26 - I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes...

----

Sadly, the entire WT org and its followers just may find themselves on the WRONG SIDE of the fence at the "fear inspiring Day of the Lord." We don't know... but if they keep this up, you have to wonder...

/ag

• Marcel
    Marcel

haha! oh my =) of course i meant assembly! its just that in my language its called "congress" - lol. we dont think political by the word congress =) i tried to correct this in my post, but the forum just gives me errors :(

• Zico
    Zico

Marcel, Don't you read your PMs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit