20/20 this Friday

by lrkr 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That's a good idea Carla, now all we need is the official email addy for 20/20 and maybe some of us could write them.

• carla
    carla

Here you go, scroll down to 20/20

http://abcnews.go.com/Reference/story?id=54216

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"That's a good idea Carla, now all we need is the official email addy for 20/20 and maybe some of us could write them."

Perhaps... sending an e-mail to Jim Avila - since he grew up as a JW?

Regards,

Jim TX

• carla
    carla

I already emailed them, just go to the link I supplied, scroll down and click on 20/20. Otherwise without checking my email at this moment I believe it is

[email protected]

• kwr
    kwr

What kind of database could the SBC have? They could only include criminal or civil convictions. Anything else would lead to libel and slander lawsuits. The best defense is to do a good background check on preachers and volunteers and train staff to watch for any problems. Also every church would have someone come in to teach the children about sexual abuse.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    can you tell us more about Jim Avila, do you know what his personal opinions of the JW religion are?

I have no idea about his personal opinions. I've only ever met him once.

I spent considerable time with his dad, mom and two younger brothers in the 80's. When his dad died in 1994, I attended the service that was held in their Kingdom Hall down south and then to the house.

As far as I know only the mother is still associated. Three of the five kids are broadcast journalists (but they don't all use the same last name.)

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit