by Arthur 19 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good one arthur!

BTW, I dig the new avatar

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Arthur

I was wondering who was going to step in.

He certainly has the right looks to replace Barbour.

purps

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I love it.... by the way, I second the motion that I like your new avatar.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Nice parody, Arthur! I think Imus would make a great addition to the GB. At least he cares for people less fortunate than himself.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Okay cutie...

Orangefatcat....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    What a quick mind -- and a good memory -- to have all the WT jargon so close at hand in your brain to be able to write such a detailed article. It's a hoot and a half!

As entertaining as Arthur's fine piece of journalism is, "having all the WT jargon so close at hand in your brain" is a testament to the

efficacy of the WT indoctrination that we were pummeled with. Arthur's ability to have fun with such a sad state of affairs is a testament to his

humanity.

Nvr

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Arthur,

Good show, well done! My only concern is whether his appointment will set a dangerous precedent in the realm of public apology. I heard his on-air apology - it appeared heartfelt. Vivian Striker, the girls' coach, was charitable and expressed her desire to be open-minded and -hearted with regard to turning a negative into a positive. Despite the badness of Imus' comments, he claimed to be a good man. I felt a tad sorry for the old codger. On the other hand, GB members are wont to go into cravenly-coward mode in the face of controversy.
    I need more mulling-over time before his confirmation - can you arrange a meeting between me and the GB?

CoCo

• zagor
    zagor

LMAO, bullshit, nice try though ;)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sweet! NICE work!

Dave

• Arthur
    Arthur

Thank you all for your compliments. I know it was a "corny" thread, but I couldn't resist. I had been reading various news articles surrounding the Don Imus fiasco, and started wondering what he would do if NBC eventually decides to fire him. The thought popped into my mind that it would be funny if he wound up becoming a Witness. That's when the idea got rolling inside my head regarding a fake news story; similar to the stories you see on the The Onion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit