Jehovah's Witness Cannibal eats man's thumb

by MinisterAmos 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Arthur
    Arthur

He obviously did not wait for the Faithful Slave to provide him with his meat in due season.

• Threestars
    Threestars
    but schizophrenia is overrepresented in dubs

This may be true--I've researched the illness extensively since my son became ill and I was curious since even though he was never a JW --I left the borg long before he was born -- I saw plenty of examples of mental problems within its ranks while I was a member. But the cult doesn't cause the illness anymore than it can cause diabetes or cancer. It can cause someone to relapse, though, through idiotic notions and council, and relapse for a schizophrenic can be fatal.

Schizophrenia is NOT caused by emotional turmoil. It's a terrifying brain disorder that is genetic in origin and some researchers also believe that problems during gestation of the fetus can trigger the start of the illness that will develop later in life. It can also be triggered (if the genetic predisposition is already there) by a cerebral accident of some kind, even a minor one such as a slight blow to the head. It's often misdiagnosed as well, going untreated which makes illness worse and harder to treat. Each relapse or decompensation, as the docs call it, steps the disease up a notch.

What I do think is that the JW religion attracts many of these "lost souls" who have become alienated from society and their families and who live with the daily struggle of their illness and of the horrific side effects of the meds they have to take.

They are welcomed and love-bombed and then, as often happens with schizophrenics, they stop their meds. At that point they are usually DFed or marked/shunned due to their "satanic" and "demonized" behavior and many of them commit suicide.

I once knew a young man in the early 1970's, a recent convert, who was almost certainly a schizophrenic. He was quiet and shy and acted strange. He took a lot of pills (my brother was his roommate) and some of the local sisters convinced him that he could throw away his meds if he just drank their vitamin concoctions and went to a chiropracter every week. Well, he wound up DFed and a few months later dead in a hotel room on skid row.

• KW13
    KW13

There has been quite a bit of the dubs in the media lately over here in the UK! Its been needed.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I wonder if he took precautions to insure that the thumb was properly "bled" before consumption?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

can someone do one of those 'thumbs up' emoticons for me please?

• anewme
    anewme

I knew a schizophrenic man in my old congregation. He was somebody's bible study. His studies were discontinued due to his constant questioning. He was very bright and I might add EXTREMELY HANDSOME. But he was disturbed with this mental illness he explained was the result from an untimely accident.

He lived near the hall in a group home that was soon to close. He desperately needed somewhere to live. He said his elderly parents lived across the country. He came to the hall in a thrift shop looking suit and managed a tie and carried always a leather brief case. He said it contained the court case of his accident. He said he anticipated a large settlement soon. But he could never reach his lawyer he said. The lawyer would no longer return his calls. He rarely was without his briefcase and never let anyone else hold it for him.

As I said he was extremely handsome, like a movie star, but crazy. So the sisters, lonely as they were, would have nothing to do with him. They felt it unkind to mislead him by engaging him in conversation.
    I was married already and so I felt compelled to show him some kindness and hospitality while at the hall. I think we even had him over once to our home. Richard was his name. Yes, I remember it now. Richard. Richard would lean close and ask me the name of the pretty sister here or there and inquire if she was married. Yes I would say, she is married to that man.
    Yes she is married too to that man. And so on. Word got around that Richard seemed more interested in the sisters than studying seriously with any of the brothers, so in time more and more people ignored Richard.

One day I passed by Richards old group home and saw it empty and the property for sale. I never saw Richard again.
    Hopefully he found some Christian charity and love at the Methodist Church down the road from the Kingdom Hall.

Poor handsome Richard! God bless you!

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

wow, and that's not a million miles from my home

i am also very concerned about it having been properly bled too gaiagirl

and yeah, only the thumbs? what a wuss

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sad really , but still sounds funny...

I can beleive it.. The dubs over here are going flat out to recruit from the newest wave of immigrants from E. Europe and new EEC Countries. Any large town congo has language classes, not for the interested to learn English but for the dubs to speak the tongue of the local immigrant community.

Anybody showing interest could be baptized these days, "crazy" or not.

I have known 2 or three baptized publishing dubs who were Schizo ...(I cannot spell it ) They were OK most of the time , indeed really great characters but if they have missed their meds.....look out !

Also reminds me of a Russian dub way back in my childhood days. He came along and gained a lot of respect because he said that the Russian authorities had put him in a mental home as a punishment for saying he was a Witness. We thought he had been bravely persecuted . But when the Bro.s got to know him better it became clear that he really was mental ! ... I wonder what became of poor old Ilko?

• undercover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit