WT NEW LIGHT

by logic 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• logic
    logic

NEW LIGHT HIDDEN UNDER BASKET? PUT NEW LIGHT IN QUESTIONS FROM READERS...... WATCHTOWER MAY 1, 07.....QUESTIONS FROM READERS... WHEN DOES THE CALLING OF CHRISTIANS TO HEAVENLY HOPE CEASE?.....THIS ARTICLE DOES WITH AWAY WITH THE HARVESTING OF THE 144,OOO ENDING IN 1935 THAT THE SOCIETY HAS MORE THAN INSINUATED FOR YEARS. NOW THEY HAVE LEFT IT OPEN ENDED, SAME AS A GENERATION. NEXT THEY JUST HAVE TO DO AWAY WITH 1914... THEY ARE PROBABLY REALLY WORKING ON THAT ONE . ANOTHER POINT THROWN IN , THE NEW ANOINTED ARE ABOVE THE ELDERS, NOW AINT THAT A HOOT. AND THEY DONT HAVE ANY MORE HOLY SPIRIT THAN ANYONE ELSE.... AND WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE ANYONE WHO THINKS HE IS OF THE ANNOINTED. I DONT KNOW HOW THEY CAN GET ANY MORE GOOFY THAN THIS ONE. NOT TO MENTION THAT ALL THE SCRIPTURES DO NOT FIT ANYTHING THEY SAY.... I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT THIS ONE BUT I WILL CUT SHORT.....

• Mulan
    Mulan

Please don't post in all caps. Hard to read and is considered "yelling".

• logic
    logic

MULAN... SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ... BUT IT IS AN OLD HABIT FROM WORKING AT WESTERN UNION TELEGRAPH FOR MANY YEARS , THEY TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS . TYPEWRITERS DID NOT HAVE LOWER CASE AND NUMBERS IN DIFFERENT LOCATION. IT WAS CONSIDERE MORE EFFICIENT AND EXPEDIANT. OLD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK. MAYBE I WILL TRY HOW IS THAT....?

• Terry
    Terry
    MULAN... SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ... BUT IT IS AN OLD HABIT FROM WORKING AT WESTERN UNION TELEGRAPH FOR MANY YEARS , THEY TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS . TYPEWRITERS DID NOT HAVE LOWER CASE AND NUMBERS IN DIFFERENT LOCATION. IT WAS CONSIDERE MORE EFFICIENT AND EXPEDIANT. OLD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK. MAYBE I WILL TRY HOW IS THAT....?

You have a wry sense of humor!

The Mormon Church has been engaged in revisionism to its own history and doctrines for many decades now and has successfully (almost!) shed alot of its cultic stench. By driving toward becoming a mainstream religion they have done themselves a huge service.

The Watchtower Society cannot be so blind as to ignore how successful the Mormons have been in this. And the Governing Body is certainly no stranger to revision!

• M.J.
    M.J.

This new light was discussed extensively on this board several weeks ago.

As for mainstreaming, here is a classic dilemma for the WTS.

Stay too cultic and you're marginalized for being so whacked-out.

Go more moderate and you start loosening the death-grip on your followers.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I had commented on another thread that when Rutheford put forward the 1935 date, it put the organization into somewhat of a doctrinal pickle. Anytime the organization puts any kind of date into print, it's like stepping into horse dung. Eventually, they are going to have to clean it off of the bottom of their shoe.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If you're having trouble turning off caps, perhaps this helpful picture can guide you:

alt

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Not been on the board since before Easter but the threads which have appeared in the last week do seem to confirm that the WT did indeed hold back the May 1 WT until after the memorial.

That gives them a year to try and keep partakers from sky rocketing.

I predict that they will stop counting as a poster suggested 3 or 4 weeks ago.

• Neo
  • jeanV
    jeanV
    seem to confirm that the WT did indeed hold back the May 1 WT until after the memorial.

it was received before the memorial (in UK several weeks before). I don't know how many read it (I have not heard one single comment on it), I honestly do not know how many JW read mags from cover to cover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit