Supplementary meeting: synopsis

by Moxy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

esmer relax....wipe the blood thirsty drool off,

my cong has been its own corportaion for years now..
    every oct we hold a 5 minute corp meeting during the service
    meeting.

• outcast
    outcast

Now they have to go, no matter how boring, or the expense of getting there.
    Show up, "Spiritualy strong"
    No show, "Spiritualy weak"

Kalli5793
    WOL Crawler
    posted 10-08-2001 12:33 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also attended the Supplementary Meeting at the Silverdome in Pontiac, MI. The last thought of encouragement at the end of the day was never to forsake the gathering of ourselves together (Heb. 10:24,25) and this included meetings, assemblies, conventions and special meetings such as this one.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi, Comment

The only thing the June 15 and Oct. 15, 2000 Watchtowers have in common is that both have QFR articles dealing with aspects of the blood transfusion issue. Amazingly, both these articles have successfully mucked up the whole mess more so than it already was--by a factor of 2 or 3 I would say.

My guess is they want elders to bring these along for one or both of the following reasons:

1. Explain in plain language what the bloody articles really say (allows hemoglobin solutions and any other blood parts as long as they are not in the FORM of red cells, white cells, platelets, plasma or whole blood)

2. Assert to elders that this whole question of medical use of blood has become so intricate that shunning action has become practically impossible to enforce in all but the rarest occasions where publishers say, “Yes, I used red cells, so what?” Or “So-and-so took red cells and everyone knows it, so what you gonna do bout it?” Etc. Bottom line: don’t enact shunning mechanisms unless a publisher is just begging for it or a congregation’s peace is immediately threatened. This would be a backdoor manner of dispensing with shunning issues as they relate to blood. (Translation: keep the fear by KEEPING the weapon, just don’t USE the weapon)

On point two, I have to share one of my all time favorite bits of movie humor. In a war movie there was a tank commander that welded a 16-inch by 20-foot pipe to the side of his tank. Since this pipe was useless as a weapon, a general asked why it was welded on the side of one of his tanks. The tank commander responded, “Sir, the enemy doesn’t know this is just a piece of 16-inch pipe.”

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hype gets more important as a real purpose for a group declines or when actual events of encouragement do not exist. I have been in business and sales most of my life. A Watch Tower Corporation rally like an assembly or a “special” meeting like the supplementary meeting is simply a sales rally designed to stir up enthusiasm among the sales force.

I see nothing unique in the Watch Tower Corporation’s strategy. They actually seem to be lacking many sales business strategies. Many sales businesses play on the elevated egos of it’s sales force. The Watch Tower Corporation seems to want to deflate the egos of it’s sales people. A tactic that will always produce a deflated sales report.

If the Corporation would reward it’s sales people with praise, recognition and ego promotions and instill a spirit of cooperation and appreciation, they most likely would raise moral and increase book sales and donations as well. Their meetings are rote and ritual but they obviously appeal to millions worldwide. Their strategy of instilling fear and hatred and deflating the egos of their sales force does take it’s toll as evidenced by the documentable high rates of turnover.

This ticketed meeting was actually a pretty smart move. People scrambling to be sure they get tickets, getting anxious in anticipation, filling auditoriums, and sitting for hours. They may have actually created another “class”. The supplementary meeting class.

• Satanus
    Satanus

outcast

Three reasons to trust jehover:

1. Creation w/ its varieties (ex: 7,500 apples exist) our very tastebuds are prove of His love.
    2. Ransom & Resurrection of Jesu - Rom 5:8
    3. Bountiful Spiritual food.

7500 types of apples, hey i guess i'm going back to the kh.
    What a laugh. They never served any apples or even apple pie at the kh when i was there. It would be a nice change, though. Apple pie for everyone!

S

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Guys, what if this was a test? What if they set us up to see what would happen. They probably DO have some announcement or "new light" but wanted to see what the apostates would do.

So now they know. It will be posted on the web and everyone will know ahead of time.

It wont slip through the cracks like the various blood changes or the voting/conscience matter change.

It was a test. And now they know.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I like the comment: "This was the biggest waste of my weekend since the LAST circuit assembly?"

This reminds me of when I first got baptized. It seemed every time I turned around there was an assembly. I had a three year old and twin one year olds. I complained in a car group, "Why do they have so many of these things? Don't they see how hard they are to get to? Don't they see how expensive they are?"

DEAD SILENCE. I didn't have too good of a reputation for being in the "nucleus" if you know what I mean.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Essie! As usual, you got a point! That is BIG and it is really BIG DAMAGE CONTROL! But now we apostates could feign going back to the meetings to eventually take over the Kingdumb Hells one by one by one. Eventually we'll own them all. Hurrraaaayyyy! I get the first bulldozer!

• think41self
    think41self

Moxy,

Thanks for enduring that for our benefit, and sharing it with us. I'm glad I didn't have to waste my weekend doing it.

Expat...I am still ROTFLMAO at your comment

what a big damp weeny the whole thing is
    Superlative descriptive powers my friend.

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Nice summary moxy... Nice subtle sarchasm as well

Thanks for the comments Marvin re: upcoming elders meeting. I'm sure the local elders will continue to be facinated as always how those not attending meetings seem to know what is coming up next.. LOL

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit