My Mom

by VanillaMocha73 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

So.... mom calls me Saturday to see if my 12 year old son wants to go to the Memorial. She left voicemail, so I managed to ignore the call until Monday was safely past. Then, when I talk to her, she mentioned how many people were there, how nice it was, the nice elders in her KH. This is the same woman who recommended I read Crisis of Conscience, gave me In Search of Christian Freedom and some other book that proves 1914 is a lot of BS. She knows the two classes are wrong, has told me lots of what the Borg teaches is just plain out of line, and was planning to do a fade out until she is now forced to live with other JWs (who treat her like dirt or worse). And then she can tell me how proud she is that she put 28 hours in service last month. How on earth can you go with a straight face and peddle literature that you know is lies and try to bring people into an org you know is WRONG? I don't get it.....

• needproof
    needproof

Three words: Ignorance...Is....Bliss

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey vanilla,

I don't get it either. I really don't get the fade, I guess to each his own. I just feel that if family and friends are going to not speak to or have any thing to do with me because I don't believe what they believe, then to hell with them. I don't need people in my life like that.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who is currently fading, you do what you gotta do, but for me as I said before, to hell with them!

nj

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Seriously? Could she have had a lobotomy that you don't know about? I'd just come straight out and ask her why she felt it was okay to peddle those lies to the innocent and vulnerable when she should know better and ask if she doesn't love her grandson that much since she'd be willing to expose him to such lies that could damage him his whole life? Then I'd ask if she is actually my mother or has just been possessed by demons?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Yeah I don't get how people carry on like all is normal after they find out. As for me, I wanted everyone to know where I stood.

• unique1
    unique1

I know when I first realized what I had been taught for 25 years was wrong, I freaked out thinking "What am I going to do?" The easy thing would have been to forget it all and return to the Witnesses and my parents. I didn't take the easy course. Perhaps your mom has. Maybe she is so scared of leaving because she will lose where she lives but all of her friends as well. That is a hard pill to swallow. So she chooses to ignore it all. Good luck to you. Craziness runs in my family as well.

• dawg
    dawg

Good post unique1. I remember how hard it was for me to come out of the borg. I feel sorry for the gay witnesses who not only have to come out of the JW but have to come out of the closet. My cousin was gay and he sufferd quite a bit.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My ex knows it is a BIG LIE.

She stays in the LIE because (her own words), "All my friends are Jehovah's Witnesses."

I asked, "Why couldn't they still be your friends if you quit going to meetings and quit going out in Field Service"?

Her answer was...

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914
    How on earth can you go with a straight face and peddle literature that you know is lies and try to bring people into an org you know is WRONG? I don't get it.....

I don't get it either

Skeptic1914

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

hypocritical, no conscience, weak, controlled, selfish, foolish.(schizo?)

sorry, but that story was very irritating .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit