I need some help... researchers.

by RichieRich 15 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Here is one on the UN Website which makes it legit much like the guardian.co.uk link above.

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

• marsal
    marsal

pallemar,

Here are some WT quotes:

**WT -- Oct. 1, 1967 -- "Finding Freedom with Jehovah's Visible Organization"**

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason, the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind."

**WT -- Dec 1, 1987 pg. 27**

"Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do."

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

More UN stuff here...

The Brant Jones Papers

http://www.jwsreunited.com/brantjones/brantjones.html

• bebu
    bebu

marsal, thanks for those quotes. I'm familiar with the very old one by Russell:

The plan of reading twelve pages of the STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES each day, tried by so many, results in more Bible study than any other way we know of....

Furthermore, not only do we find that people can not see the divine plan in studying the Bible by itself, but we see, also, that if anyone lays the SCRIPTURES STUDIES aside, even after he has used them, after he has become familiar with them, after he has read them for ten years&endash;if he then lays them aside and ignores them and goes to the Bible alone, though he has understood his Bible for ten years, our experience shows that within two years he goes into darkness. On the other hand, if he had merely read the SCRIPTURE STUDIES with their references, and had not read a page of the Bible, as such, he would be in the light at the end of the two years, because he would have the light of the Scriptures....

--Watch Tower Reprints, p. 4684-4686. The Watch Tower Reprints are reprints of the Watch Tower magazine (in small type in seven volumes) from 1879 to 1919. These were published by the Watchtower Society in 1920.

pallemar, love your avatar!

bebu

• Honesty
    Honesty

I need help to :)

Where do the Watchtower warn against reading the bible alone anyway

With out the Wathtower? or is it, or is it only from mouth to mouth

the warning goes? Pallemar

w81 8/15 pp. 28-29 par. 14 Serving Jehovah "Shoulder to Shoulder"

They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago

• pallemar
    pallemar

Thanks a million Marsal Bebu and Honesty! :)

he he bebu you can just copy my avatar ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit