I Have Reached the Pinacle

by XJW4EVR 20 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I saw all the hubbub you folks were making over the Memorial, and for the first time in my life since leaving the J-Dubs, I had no desire to even go. As recently as last year, I gave thought to going, but usually did not. This year it came and went and I never gave it a thought. Have I reached a new level of Ex-Dubism? The level of Ex-Dab master? Totally detatched from all things Dub?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I had a hard time keeping up good meeting attendance even when I was neck deep into it, so for me, not going to memorial was not that difficult. I simply forgot!

Cenoa

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Totally detatched from all things Dub?

That's where I am.

This was the second year I did not attend the Memorial.

Last year there was some aprehension etc, but zip, zilch, nada this year!

BB

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hmmmm....

Let's see... Did I celebrate the Memorial

2005 Memorial - NO

2006 Memorial - NO

2007 Memorial - NO

But I did celebrate... Birthdays and Christmas and Easter and Thanksgiving

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You guys make me feel old:

1996 Memorial - YES
    1997 Memorial - NO
    1998 Memorial - NO
    1999 Memorial - NO
    2000 Memorial - NO
    2001 Memorial - NO
    2002 Memorial - NO
    2003 Memorial - NO
    2004 Memorial - NO
    2005 Memorial - NO
    2006 Memorial - NO
    2007 Memorial - NO

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Since 1999 I haven't attended a single memorial andwhat is strange to me is that in all the years since i have left not a single elder has shown up at my door to invite me.

Perhaps that might be due to the fact when they invited me to my disfellowshipping court marshal I didn't show up.

So that is fine by me.

Orangefatcat

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

This is my second year of missing out on the passing of the crackers and grape juice and it didnt bother me in the least. Actually it didnt bother me a bit last year either. Once I finally came to grips with the fact that it was bunk, it really meant nothing to me.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Don't get me wrong. I haven't been to a Memorial since 1994. I went to help me wife with the kids. That was my last one. Since then however, I have thought about going, just to see what's changed.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Word Up Nosferatu...96 was a very good year!

That was the last year I attended the memorial as well...ahhh blessed freedom.

Actually no. The first couple of years out of the truth were the worst of my life. My life was such a mess after getting out of the noose...i had no idea how to live or talk with people...opposite sex interaction was the worst...terrified...absolutely terrified of worldly men for years! anyway...over all of that now...and I wouldn't go back to it and would go through the hell again to make sure i was free of the WTBS. :)

end ramble

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

forsharry:

Happy Birthday To You
    You Missed the Memorioool!

Don't get me wrong. I haven't been to a Memorial since 1994.
    Since then however, I have thought about going, just to see what's changed.

You went to meetings for (what I assume to be) years, and you're wondering what has changed? I know that I would immediately go back into daydream mode if I attended. I found that out at a JW funeral back in 2000. That hasn't changed, and it never will :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit