Just thought I'd say hello

by TinyDancer124 18 Replies latest jw friends

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Hi, everyone! I've been a lurker for awhile. Thought I'd finally introduce myself. I'm Mel and I've been inactive for a couple of years. What made me decide to post is that my mom has been hounding me about going to the Memorial. She even had my 6 year old daughter call me at work to tell me to go.

My boyfriend is Agnostic and hates JWs (or "johos," as he calls them) and I just feel so torn. I've made up my mind to never go back, but I haven't taken the steps to become disfellowshipped or even disassociate myself since my mom and my sister will probably stop talking to me. My dad won't care (he lurks here too....Hi, dad!). As someone else posted, I'm in JW-limbo (I think that's what it was....that made me laugh).

Anyway, just wanted to talk to some people who understand or maybe have been in the same boat. Nice to "meet" you all!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Welcome to the board! I was in limbo for about 15 years, and it came back to bite me in the arse.......took them a week and a half to set up a JC meeting and df me lol! "Hi Dad! "

• needproof
    needproof

Hi Mel, and welcome!

Good idea never to go back. Don't bother mentioning anything about disassociating yourself since all that is doing is telling them that they still have some kind of hold over your life, when they obviously do not. I have toyed with the idea also, but what is the point?

The appeal to your emotion made by your mother shown some desperation. To get a 6 year old child to do it is crazy, especially your child. Don't feel torn, you have your own life now and you don't want it to include the Witnesses. Your mother should respect that - although getting her to will be a different story!

Good luck in your quest,

best regards, NP

• fokyc
    fokyc

Hi Tiny Dancer124

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy it here

fokyc

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Hi Mel...Welcome!!

As long as the limbo place is working for you, it seems many deciede not to rock the boat for as long as possible. There are many here that have done that. It is just important to free you mind from what their doctrines are so you don't feel guilty...that is a huge tool they use!

I went the other way and DA'd myself from the get go...I didn't know any better really, and it has been painfull to totally have lost my mom.

Stick with the people who love you unconditionally......don't put too much importance on the rest!!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi TinyDancer! Welcome to the board!

Hi TinyDancer's Dad!!!

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to the board Tiny Dancer,

I know what you mean about being in limbo. I'm fading and feel the same way, if I DA then i'll lose my dub relatives. So instead I'm stuck in the middle. That's really bad that your mom is using your daughter to do her dirty work tho.

• juni
    juni

Hi TinyDancer! What a cute alias. Reminds me of a little fairy. Don't know why.

Nice to have you here. I'm sure you have "enjoyed" reading the Memorial posts. We all understand cause most all of us were "there" like you or know of someone or live w/someone who is involved w/the JW organization. That's what makes this forum so unique. You will always find a listening ear. And a lot of us are like one big family.

To have someone truly know what you are going through is so beneficial.

Again welcome and hope to get to know you better.

Juni

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

TinyDancer--- Hi! And Welcome!!

Yes, I know the JW LimboDance steps really well.... Careful!--any 'missteps' result in getting whacked with the rod, really hard....... lol, sort of

We look forward to hearing more from you.

J-ex-W

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Mel (and Mel's lurking dad!)

I'm not connected to the org so can't give you any real help. Using your daughter to 'get at you' just sucks Does she still go to KH with your mum now you've become inactive?

One thread this this morning mentioned that after sundown tonight is actually Nisan 15 - so you could fib and tell your mum you already celebrated it on the correct day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit