Memorial 2007

by Ténébreux 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen
    'Course, what did Luke know, he was only there.

Not according to the WTBTS . They state that Luke was not an apostle but a later convert of the apostle Paul .He compiled the Gospel of Luke by interviewing people involved in the story . I think it possible that Judas was there for the passover celebration but left before the bread and wine of the new covenant got to him at the table.

I still believe the great crowd inherit the kingdom of the heavens for the millenial reign of christ . The 144k are martyrs that comprise the first resurrection .

• Warlock
    Warlock
    'Immediately Judas left the group. A comparison of Matthew 26:20-29 with John 13:21-30 indicates that he departed before Jesus instituted the celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal. Luke's presentation of this incident evidentally is not in strict chronological order, for Judas had definitely left by the time Christ commended the group for having stuck with him; that would not fit Judas, nor would he have been taken "into the covenant... for a kingdom." Luke 22:19-30'

Cellist,

There's that word again....................................EVIDENTALLY.

Warlock

• Cellist
    Cellist

Yes, don't you just LOVE that useful word? They have a few more too! "could be", "seems likely", etc., etc.

Thanks to the WTS I'm very alert to these wonderfully useful phrases. It's amazing where they crop up. Even in scientific writings. As soon as I see any of these little phrases or words I immediately begin doubting. lol

Cellist

• M.J.
    M.J.

Still talking about 11 faithful followers thing? It said 11 FAITHFUL followers. Regardless of who was there or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit