Westboro Baptist Church - Americas Most Hated Family

by dh 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    You are dead right. In Rutherford's era, "Religion is a snare and racket" pickets outside churches was the flavor of the day. And Jw's, being the cult-followers they were, did it without question - it was the 'right thing to do' in 'Jehovah's eyes' at the time.

Jehovah Witness NO tolerance

Below using kids as 'human shields'

picketkid2.jpg

• Zico
    Zico

Gill, thanks for expanding on what I was trying to say in a more articulate manner than I could have managed.

Just wondering when, if one uses your argument Zico, suicide bombers are not considered evil simply because, as you put it, 'they are controlled'..?

Once again, I wonder if the Society could influence some members of their religion to become suicide bombers? Though that line of debate is one I don't really want to go down, so I think needproof, that I'll just agree to disagree.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Another of the many things that annoyed me about the wbc was that they were quite happy to put their children on the picket lines taking abuse and as shown on the program physical assault for a cause that those children don't really understand.

As I see it, that is little different to dubs dragging their children out on the ministry.

It astounds me that these people haven't been chased out of town.

• needproof
    needproof

Actually Zico, I seem to recall a time in my rebellious 'questioning' time towards the end of my JW shelf life that I approached a Ministerial Servant and asked him if the WT said fly a plane into a building, would he do it? He responded, always, 'but they would never ask me to do that', but never 'no I wouldn't'... and then came the personal attacks on me!

• Gill
    Gill

needproof - People always resort to 'ad hominem' attacks when you have made a point that sticks! You probably made him think and he realised you were right, so he had to attack you personally!

• Zico
    Zico
    Actually Zico, I seem to recall a time in my rebellious 'questioning' time towards the end of my JW shelf life that I approached a Ministerial Servant and asked him if the WT said fly a plane into a building, would he do it? He responded, always, 'but they would never ask me to do that', but never 'no I wouldn't'... and then came the personal attacks on me!

I can recall an identical experience. Scary, isn't it?

• needproof
    needproof

Yes, the old Ad Hominem.. I think every ex Witness is aware of them after In Search of Christian Freedom! Well, that's where I first read about them anyway! There is a list on the net of the many forms of false argumentations, and upon reading it, one wonders whether it is worth it to construct any kind of argument whatsoever!

• Gill
    Gill

needproof - I wouldn't give up on forming arguments, but I would give up on caring what anyone else thinks when you know you've made a good, accurate and honest point. Once they attack you, you know you've got them! After that it's just a matter of time before that little seed of doubt you planted begins to germinate and grow! Believe me! They never forget you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit