Disfellowshiping is it the act of judging?

by repented 6 Replies latest jw friends

• repented
    repented

Somehow to me the disfellowshipping is very close to judging another person. Jesus once said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Now I know how that repented person felt when jesus stepped in. I have a father who's heart has always been with the witnesses he is now 87. He was disfellowshipped almost 30 yrs ago,within the past two years he has picked up his studies again and faithfully attends the hall.

He knows his disfellowship has something to do with what a aunt, from my mothers side did, she went an poisoned the hearts of the people there with lies. My aunt has also been a witness for many years she attends faithfully also, but her heart is filled with hate for my father, I dont know why, but I know there has been a tear in my family because the two of them have some hidden anger it seems for the other. I witnessed this about a year ago when I attended the hall with my dad. My aunt was there to, do you know when she saw me, she spoke to me but not my dad, she even asked me to come sit with her, We left there without her saying a word to my dad, this made him feel really hurt, she is suppose to be the one with so much training since she has been the one continuing studies continully. I of course tell her I will sit with my dad. To me I see that satan used her to cause these people to judge my dad.

Anyway, back to questions, 1. If we are all without sin we can say get out of here you speck, for you blimish my clean vessel. Or if we all have sin shouldn't we all be cast out? What man can say he has gone a day without sinning? 2. Is sin rated to a certain degree, where if I lie, or steal or think fornicating thoughts or think that man has a nice but i have now sinned a certain level? If sin is not rated who would than rate it in the hall? Who has the right to say ok, you have sinned you are no longer part of this vessel for our vessel carries no specks. WE THE BROTHERS NOW HAVE TO RE-RATE, RE-EVAULATE your actions to see if your heart is forgiven or if you are clean enough to be rejoined to the vessel. How can they see into a mans heart, in order to say you have done all you should do to return, I thought a lost son even after being away filthy with dirt from the world, when he returns God says the father would accept him, embrace him with open arms. Now if we did the same thing embrace our fellow brothers or sisters, Embrace? hmmm do you take time to go over that persons past acts when u embrace someone, no you dont think of the past you are so happy to see them return you hurridly grab them, take hold of them and nuture them. Embrace is a word that has a nuturing define in it wouldn't you agree? Did that father when his son come home torn and weighted down with sin, than tell the son, are you sure you want to return? are you sure you are now clean? When that son returned did the father say you are beneath the others here so you will have your position in my house?
    Son let me see your faults once more I want to make sure your not lying to god. So why is it the Jehovah's witness put a person through all this just to return to the congregation as a forgiven repented persoin. 3. If one comes back to the hall to be reinstated and they deciden not to reinstate the person, and Jesus returns is that person now lost? I sit here sadden to my inner being, as a ex-witness myself, yes thats right my dad raised me up in the hall from a tot to early teens. I am sadden because I am now on the outside looking end, my heart knows and Jehovah only knows my faith, he only knows my judgment, my sentence, and even if the witnesses never acknowledge me again. ONLY JEHOVAH, NOT SOME CONGREGATION PROCLAIMING TO BE THE ONLY TRUE FAITH, CAN SAY GOD WILL NOT ALLOW MY SPIRIT INTO HIS KINGDOM. Tell me was paul a witness? Was moses a witness? How many people in Heaven with God right now a witness, Yes out of all the people Jehovah called up, how many were witnesses? My brothers and sisters please stop your judgemental ways. The seal has never been broken, therefore No, one knows whos name is in that book. Mind could be and the witness reading this now could not be. GET IT?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Anyway, back to questions,

1. If we are all without sin we can say get out of here you speck, for you blimish my clean vessel. Or if we all have sin shouldn't we all be cast out? What man can say he has gone a day without sinning?

2. Is sin rated to a certain degree, where if I lie, or steal or think fornicating thoughts or think that man has a nice but i have now sinned a certain level?

If sin is not rated who would than rate it in the hall? Who has the right to say ok, you have sinned you are no longer part of this vessel for our vessel carries no specks. WE THE BROTHERS NOW HAVE TO RE-RATE, RE-EVAULATE your actions to see if your heart is forgiven or if you are clean enough to be rejoined to the vessel. How can they see into a mans heart, in order to say you have done all you should do to return, I thought a lost son even after being away filthy with dirt from the world, when he returns God says the father would accept him, embrace him with open arms.

Now if we did the same thing embrace our fellow brothers or sisters, Embrace? hmmm do you take time to go over that persons past acts when u embrace someone, no you dont think of the past you are so happy to see them return you hurridly grab them, take hold of them and nuture them.

Embrace is a word that has a nuturing define in it wouldn't you agree? Did that father when his son come home torn and weighted down with sin, than tell the son, are you sure you want to return? are you sure you are now clean? When that son returned did the father say you are beneath the others here so you will have your position in my house?
    Son let me see your faults once more I want to make sure your not lying to god.

So why is it the Jehovah's witness put a person through all this just to return to the congregation as a forgiven repented persoin.

3. If one comes back to the hall to be reinstated and they deciden not to reinstate the person, and Jesus returns is that person now lost?

I sit here sadden to my inner being, as a ex-witness myself, yes thats right my dad raised me up in the hall from a tot to early teens. I am sadden because I am now on the outside looking end, my heart knows and Jehovah only knows my faith, he only knows my judgment, my sentence, and even if the witnesses never acknowledge me again.

ONLY JEHOVAH, NOT SOME CONGREGATION PROCLAIMING TO BE THE ONLY TRUE FAITH, CAN SAY GOD WILL NOT ALLOW MY SPIRIT INTO HIS KINGDOM.

Tell me was paul a witness? Was moses a witness? How many people in Heaven with God right now a witness, Yes out of all the people Jehovah called up, how many were witnesses? My brothers and sisters please stop your judgemental ways.

The seal has never been broken, therefore No, one knows whos name is in that book. Mind could be and the witness reading this now could not be.

GET IT?

Just put it into paragrapghs to make it easier to read.

Just so you know, most of the people here are ex-JW's, so you're preaching to the choir here....

• unique1
    unique1

You have hit the nail on the head. They are sitting in judgement of others which is the place where only God should have jurisdiction. Judge lest not your be judged. The scriptures they use for Disfellowshipping are grosslly misapplied. If you read the context they are in instead of one verse you will see this. I am truely sorry that your dad has had to go through all of this. Best wishes to you and him.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Welcome Repented and yes it is an act of judging , I like how Paul put it when it comes to judging and DFing could be a part of that in 1 Cor 4:3-5

3 Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. 4 For I am not conscious of anything against myself. Yet by this I am not proved righteous, but he that examines me is Jehovah. 5 Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God.

We are not fit to judge ourselves yet alone someone else. They just dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!

abr

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

1Co 5:12

(ASV)

For what have I to do with judging them that are without? Do not ye judge them that are within?

(BBE)

For it is no business of mine to be judging those who are outside; but it is yours to be judging those who are among you;

(ISV)

After all, is it my business to judge outsiders? You are to judge those who are inside, aren't you?

(KJV+)

For 1063 what have I to do 5101, 3427 to judge 2919 them also that are without? 1854, 2532 do not 3780 ye 5210 judge 2919 them that are within? 2080

(KJVA)

For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

(LITV)

For what is it to me also to judge the ones outside? Do you not judge those inside?

(YLT)

for what have I also those without to judge? those within do ye not judge?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I guess it is, b/c I always was told by elders that df persons were not being disciplined, they were being removed, cut off. If allowed, they would be stoned to death. But the USA (an most of the civilized world)has these pesky laws that forbid this, well, the best they can do is cut you off from your family and friends and try and bring you to the point where you will kill yourself. Stoning is such a rush, you know.

• integ
    integ

Well, if they really believe in the bibles' interpretation, the witnesses SHOULD stone wrongdoers, because if that is what God's law is, then it shouldn't be comprimised.

Looks like they are obeying man's law instead of God's.

God says stone 'em.

Man's laws say you can't.

Who wins here?

I would like to be stoned, thank you very much, in keeping with the biblical exhortation.

Thank You,

Integ.

P.S: Yes. Disfellowshipping is standing in judgement. But it's okay for the elders to judge because they are acting "in behalf of" God, as God's representatives here on earth.

"Judge not lest ye be judged" doesn't apply to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit