Tax Phobia?

by Carmel 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

Anyone afraid of doing their taxes? I just helped out a lady that is scared to death to do her taxes. She won't use an accountant (doesn't really need to) and won't try to do her own so I sat down with her and showed her how to use Turbo Tax on line. We spent most of the time looking for receipts and documents, but even at that, it only took two hours to do her federal and state taxes. She's getting over a grand back and it cost her $39 to file. My own were done in less than an hour, but I had all the documents ready in one place... Love that Turbotax! carmel

• blondie
    blondie

I've been procrastinating; first time in years. The IRS has a new law on donations and I'm wondering if it is worth the headache. I have to let Goodwill know they need to update their forms and fill them out according to the IRS requirements.

Blondie

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I do taxes for people for a living. It's usually pretty quick (10 min on the computer for personal taxes), and painless.

BB

• Mystla
    Mystla

I did mine over a month ago.. used turbo tax, just like I have for the last 4 years. I recieved my federal refund, but I'm still waiting on state. Turbo tax makes it pretty easy.. I was worried because I had closed out my 401k last year, but it was a breeze.

Misty

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Anyone afraid of doing their taxes?

Undoubtedly, the most nauseating experience of the year.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I pay in for the year but always file an extension. Then another until there are no more and then do them with my accountant, He already knows to file our extension.

abr

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    always file an extension. Then another until there are no more and then do them with my accountant, He already knows to file our extension.

OMG! I thought I was the only one abr. Must have the same accountant.

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit