National Marrow Donor Program

by elliej 2 Replies latest jw friends

• elliej
    elliej

For anyone who might be interested www.marrow.org is an excellent resource for more information on how to become a marrow donor and what it entails. Some people were asking on Ian's thread what they could do to help, this site can help them answer that.

As an organ donor, I can tell you firsthand how amazing it is to be the one to help improve someones life so dramatically. Getting on the marrow registry is something I have considered for a long time but never acted on. When I read Ian's thread today I realized that someone might be waiting for me. On Monday I will be contacting the Blood Center of Wisconsin to start the process.

So, thank you Ian, for making me realize that it is time to act. I hope more than anything else that you find your donor.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Kudos to you for bring this subject up!! As a nurse, I can't tell you the benefits of being a donor!! I've witnessed the miracles that happen!

So.....if it's your wishes, also have it noted on your drivier's license that you would like to be a donor. Let your next of kin also know your wishes.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit