It's saturday and starbucks is packed

by cultswatter 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I just went to starbucks to grab a coffee and it is unusually packed out. I look around a bit and notice alot of briefcases and most of the customers have pig shaves. I walk out YEK!!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Hi cultswatter,

dumb question for ya:

most of the customers have pig shaves

what is that?

clean shaven?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

how can those window washers afford starbucks?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

This must be totally an American thing. As a witness we never went to cafes before after or during the ministry and personally I like to sport my pig shave privately - those sisters should be given a talking to --- exposing themselves like that in a pubic place such as Starbucks! Disgraceful!

• free2think
    free2think

I know what you mean Cultswatter. There are certain time s of the day on the weekends that I must avoid my local coffee shops or duck into one that isn't a popular witless hang out.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm not bothered, stirred or shaken. Make mine a Grande chocolate hazelnut mocha cappuccino, please!

• willyloman
    willyloman

In California, and probably many other places, the typical Saturday F.S. schedule looks like this:

9:30 Meet for service

9:50 Congregate in the parking lot and shoot the breeze in small groups

10:05 Head for the territory

10:20 Arrive at territory and drive to the opposite side of it before turning around and deciding to start at the other end

10:30 Actually get out of car and start knocking on doors

10:55 Somebody yells "Hey, who needs coffee?" which is the signal to get back to the cars

11:00 Head for Starbucks, a local donut shop, or a favorite coffee shop for a "break"

11:10: Arrive at break site; eat, drink, shoot the breeze some more

11:50 Somebody stands up and says, "Well, we've got a few calls we wanted to make today," which is the signal for all to leave

11:55 Head for home where someone will say, "What was that, about two and a half hours?"

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LMAO! Anyone would think JWs actually hate door knocking!

• free2think
    free2think

Yep that about sums it up willyloman.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

They DO hate it, Crumpet!!! Why do you think they harangue them so much to do it! I hated every freaking second of it!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit