Angry, humiliated and in pain

by brunnhilde 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd rather go round the mulberry bush with elders than go to a movie. Here the elders run and hide from me. I'm bulletproof. They don't have any way to hurt me. The problem they have with me is I laugh at them. They don't like that.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hey honey, we're with you here. Everybody's situation is different. I wish you the best and I hope you are able to look back at this and smile one day. ((((((((((((brunnhilde))))))))))))

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Brunnhilde,

I'm sorry for your grief and pain. My situation is not identical to yours but close enough to understand your anger and sense of helplessness. I'm not yet bulletproof like Gary, but I'm working toward getting past fear of man. When I learned the "truth" a year ago I was so angry that I wanted to DA myself. Some whom I dearly love begged me to hold on for at least another year; the year is up.
    The WT has so many of us in a mind- and emotion-trap, leading us to despair because there is no apparent way out. I decided, however, that I will be in control; the WT is actually only a paper tiger. The religion is illusory and the true-believers' hold over us can be broken. Please don't take this as bravado on my part. I'm a people-pleaser and I still can get "all shook up"!
    Please hang in there; it's obvious we've come to the right place for help. I know you will continue to do so.

Peace and love,

CoCo

• greendawn
    greendawn

They were way out of line and I can't see why you tolerate this kind of intrusive behaviour you should tell them not to come to your home and bother you again, why didn't they use a telephone to see when and if you want them at your house, before coming there?

• horrible life
    horrible life

"POUNDED" !!!!!!!!!

That probably would have been my last straw. They would have thought they met Satan himself, if they pounded on my door.

Tell them that you some kind of virus, infection or contagious disease, that you were shielding from Jehovah's chosen ones.

• blondie
    blondie

I had a close relative stand outside my place screaming. The neighbor called the police. Of course, the relative thought I had called the police and started saying they had a right to be outside my place screaming...the police did not agree and encouraged them to be on their way. That was a fine witness to the neighbors.

If the police had not been involved, we would have sent a letter to the person to cease or desist signed by both me and hubbie. We would have made it clear that the next time the police would be called. I would also carbon copy the PO and the secretary letting them know that you know if they had known they would not have approved and this is a fyi letter (unless it was the PO or the secretary, oy ve!)

Blondie

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    However, whenever they ask ANY kind spiritual questions, she simply tells them straight up, " I don't want to talk about it, I do not have freedom of speech".

Vinny that is a great response!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm sorry you are having to deal with their stupidity. I live in WA also, but no one gives a crap about me being active or re-joining. They know I know too much so they don't say a THING to me. Shelly

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

How about a NO TRESPASSING sign? I dont recall JWs getting a get out of jail free card on that one. When they start to stalk and attack you on your own private property they have stepped wwwwaaaayyy over the line into assault.

A letter to the police authorities and a CC to the PO are in order.

• YoungAmerican
    YoungAmerican

I had sort of a similar experience yesterday to my horror. See I have been quitely hiding for years now from them after fading and moving to a new home 7 years ago. I never answered the door when they came to the door and they don't know my husband. So, here I am yesterday morning sitting on my loveseat, which is full view of the front door talking very loudly and I hear a hard knock on my open door. It caught me so off guard! Who is it but an old elder from my old congregation saying he is just in the neighborhood inviting everyone to the memorial. He hasn't recognized me yet but I am so flustered, I just get up and go to the door and kind of turn my head and not look him in the eye, take the invite and then he says "SISTER xxxxxxxxx???" I about died. I was hoping after 7 years I would not be recognized but he did of course. I just closed and locked my screen and walked away. As I slumped back into my living room my face was red and my husband and kids were asking what was wrong. I can just see it coming from now on. They know where I live and will be bugging me now. I have quitely faded without my family who live back east knowing. I don't know what's going to happen now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit