anyone watch Glen Beck last night

by Sasha 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

on cable news 8 or 9 pm Eastern time.? He had an "END OF DAYS" program in which he agreed the world is coming to an end. Now, I know my Bible. I have been studing the Bible since 1967. What's up with this RAPTURE???? Or has this already been posted a million times before? I mean, where does it specifically say this in the Bible?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My boss watched it... I was busy. I heard bits and pieces, mostly a doom doom gloom the world's gonna end thing. Unfortunately, I didn't see enough to carry on an intelligent conversation about it.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I would like to know if anyone has any info on this "Rapture" thing. The only scripture I recall is "coming into the air to meet Jesus"

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

jw's used to believe that if the end came jehovah would snap the remaining annointed up to heaven with him.

some christians believe in the rapture.. god snapping up christians to heaven in an instant.

i dont understand it much myself

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the word "rapture" does not appear in the Bible.

But there is a case where Jesus said one person would be taken while the person next to them would not be.

(Matthew 24:36-42) 36 "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.

The following is another scripture. Some teach that these will only go to heaven for 7 years during which time the earth will be ruin. The earth will be recreated and people will be put back on the earth.

(1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) 15 For this is what we tell YOU by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall always be with [the] Lord.

I have no personal opinion one way or the other. There are variety of versions to the explanation of the "rapture" depending on the denomination.

As to JWs though I always wondered what would happen to the anointed who were still alive when the end came. Would they die and go to heaven of "natural" causes not by God's execution? Would they continue living into the "new world" and just grow old and die while the rest of the human family grew younger? Interestingly, the WTS wavers back and forth on their interpretation.

Blondie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How is it that Glenn Beck is even on the air? Between sexually harrassing a guest on live TV and admitting to a Muslim guest (a Muslim congressman) that he feels threatened by him, and now having a whole show on the end times as being real....and between his show and Nancy DisGrace, how do I really miss those good old days of Rudi Bakhtiar....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Maybe a couple of times a month if there isn't much on other channels, I will switch over to his show to see who/what is being discussed. I started to go there last night but decide to watch something else instead, lol! I ALMOST watched him :o)

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

glen beck is an ass. he made no sense when he was trying to say that 9/11 was not a cover up. thumbs down.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Thanks Blondie, I was waiting for you're reply. I always understood that "in the field one would remain, while one taken" meant, one would be saved at Armegeddon and one would perish. Everybody has the're own interpretation. I never knew JW's belived in the rapture at some point. I never heard it from them even back in 1967!!! Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit