Movies Better Than The Book

by littlerockguy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i tried to read a tom clancy book once....gave up halfway - too much weaponry detail - booooooring

looooove the movies tho.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Tom Clancy X box games are better than the books! (LOL)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I found I can't really compare any Robert Ludlum book to the movies based on them because they bear little, if any, resemblance to one another. I no longer watch movies if they're based on books I've read, and vice versa.

W

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

"i tried to read a tom clancy book once....gave up halfway - too much weaponry detail - booooooring"

How in earth can you say that ANY Tom Clancy book is boring?

Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger actually made good movies. The Sum of All Fear and Hunt for Red October were only so so.

Try again.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Finally-Free,

Are you referring to the Bourne sequel? If so, yes, you have a point. However, the bourne identity has been turned into a movie some years ago starring Richard Chamberlain. It follows the book quite closely. But it depends on whether you have read the book first or seen the movie first. I read the book first and found the movie .......not very thrilling.....

Oosterman Weekend (starring Rutger Hauer)was another movie, based upon the book written by Ludlum. That one I found very well done.

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit