stupid things jws do

by logic 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic
    logic

I LIKE THIS SITE BECAUSE YOU CAN SAY WHAT IS THE TRUTH, THE THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO STAND UP IN THE CONGREGATION AND SAY. FOR JUST A FEW: THE LAST PAR. IN THE WATCHTOWER STUDY SAYS "WHAT ARE WE GOING TO STUDY IN THE NEXT ARTICLE" AND THEN SOME MORON ALWAYS RAISES HIS HAND AND ANSWERS....... CALLING EVERYONE BY BROTHER THIS AND BROTHER THAT. ..... CRAZY SAYINGS ---OUT IN SERVICE . OUT IN FIELD SERVICE. KINGDOM HALL.. BIBLE STUDIES THAT ARE BOOK STUDIES...NEW SYSTEM ...NEW WORLD....SOCIETY... ORGANIZATION......LITERATURE... PIONEERS SPECIAL PIONEERS... PUBLISHERS.....WITNESSES....SPIRITUALY STRONG.... STRONG IN THE TRUTH.....HOW WONDERFULL THE BOOK STUDY AND THE WATCHTOWER STUDY AND THE TALK AND THE ASSEMBLY WERE.......THIS SYSTEM OF THINGS......WORDLY PEOPLE..MINISTRY SCHOOL....AND ON AND ON ..// AND IF YOU DONT GO ALONG WITH TALKING LIKE A FOOL YOU ARE CONSIDERED SPIRITUAL WEAK... OOPS THERE IS ANOTHER ONE.... IM SURE THERE REST OF YOU CAN COME UP WITH ALOT MORE THAN THIS.....

• Arthur
    Arthur

They judge motor vehicles by whether they are "good service cars".

• carla
    carla

My jw doesn't call them 'bible studies' anymore. For a long time I would always correct him and say, 'you mean a book study' or 'did you know Christians actually use bibles at bible studies?' Now if he says anything at all he will call it what it is, a book study definitely not a bible study.

• rosiegurl
    rosiegurl

there was one sister I LOVED going out in service with....she was a full time pioneer and an elder's wife (very sweet lady). we'd start our time by putting some magazines in an apartment laundry mat....then go do some 'not at homes' in a territory she had. we'd get out of the car and she would say to me 'Rosie you are walking too fast, you need to learn the 'pioneer stroll' So she'd slow me down, we'd look at the flowers check out the houses, talk about stuff and hit maybe 2 or 3 not at homes in an hour LOL. Then she'd say, coffee sure sounds good doesn't it? She'd leave a tract with someone there and so we basically counted our time THE WHOLE time...it was great....only thing it ..it was hard trying to get her as a partner in service cuz EVERYONE wanted to go out w/her haha... pioneer stroll silly really

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Logic

We use to call it our "theocratic language." And we use to boast that if we could always use it as a "code" to discern who other JWs were if we were in a crowd of non-believers. It seems very silly now. But we really believed it at one point.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I used to like the "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" and then god is going to juge our "hearts". Or that we are not to juge people on how they look but I was often told to change what I would were or the lenght of my hair, etc...

• Anitar
    Anitar

I'm not a JW but I've always found the most annoying thing about them was they way they looked down on others for no good reason.

For example, when my brother used to borrow my mom's car for school, and when he was a half hour late returning it cause he had errands to run just like everybody else, and my mom was waiting to go to her meeting, she and her friends would say stupid things like: "Satan is blinding the entire world, especially your son because your car is late."

They would think of the most absurd excuses to rant about how persecuted they all were. They convince themselves that the whole world is evil and out to get them, and no one gets off on it more than my mom. If she can't find her car keys she'll shout "You're out to get me aren't you"? When I asked who she was talking too, she said Satan. She loves comparing herself to Linda Hamilton from The Terminator, like she's some kind of warrior for "the truth."

I mean, what can you say to that?

If it wasn't so sick, it would be funny. The underlying current I sensed in all these people is that they had given up on life. Think about it a moment, what are they really saying? On the surface it sounds like they have so much hope and they're so happy, but it's all just a cop-out. When my mom says how tired she is, keeping up with the other JW's at the hall, I said that was her choice. She said, it's not her, it's "this system of things."

So I said, "Oh, that's really mature mom. What are you, five years old? You wanna blame the whole world cause you're exhausted slaving away with the works of men who you don't know and who don't give a shit about you, and you think that makes you better than everyone else? How far would I get in life if I constantly whined that I failed my test cause the teacher hates me, or I can't do my homework cause the whole school is against me. Wise up mom, you're in the real world, and it's time you start acting your age."

Anitar

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The most stupid thing I did as a jw was to become one in the first place.

The second most stupid thing was to stay one as long as I did, 25 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit