Just opened my front door

by Sasha 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sasha
    Sasha

At 9am and there it was . My invitation to the Memorial....No one has come to see me or spoken with me for almost a year now since I left. Is there anyone out there who is not asssociated and still goes to the memorial? If I don't go this year, it will be the first time I skipped it since 1967!!! I have decided NOT to go...but don't know...

"Keep doing this in rememberance of me"=Jesus

• jambon1
    jambon1

Smoke the invitation on your front porch whilst sipping a nice red.

In all honesty, please don't lower yourself by going to sit among these hypocrites. You know it is not the true religion. Do you really want to lend support to their numbers?

J

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I haven't been in 24 years, 1983!!

Don't bother with the hypocrites, stay home have a glass of wine and cheese, watch a good movie.

nj

Welcome to JWD

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    "Keep doing this in rememberance of me"=Jesus

Well, there's your answer. Since you will not be doing anything he commanded by going to their meeting I think the choice to stay home is an excellent one!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I love the celebration of a few ex-witnesses, who choose to stay home with a fresh loaf of bread and fine wine, sharing and caring with the people they care about most.

Now THAT sounds more like the communion Jesus had in mind.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

I would also suggest that you dont go. You can enjoy the bread and wine at home, as a personal remembrance of Jesus.

Besides if you do go to their memorial you wont be able to partake of the emblems anyway, unless of course you are one of the "Anointed".

• Sasha
    Sasha

I just want to thank you ALL so kindly for helping me with this kind of in-decision. You are ALL right. I am no longer part of this organization, I don't believe they are the true religion, so what was I thinking??? I don't drink, so I'll have grape juice and matzo at home. Love you all.

• Beer Connoisseur
    Beer Connoisseur

Sasha,

May I recommend taking time to look at what you had been taught as a Jehovah Witness, examine some simple doctrine, and look at some teachings that they dont want you to know about.

Dont rush back because of any guilt, or feelings that somehow you are wrong. If the Watchtower teaches "truth" then what you find will only support the "truth". But if they dont...........

1 Corinthians 11:17-34 Read this a few times, think about what Paul is saying, and ask yourself, " Does this sound like a one time a year event?" Is the Lord's Supper to celebrate one day out of the year? Or is it to proclaim Christ and his death until his 2nd coming. What would happen if this was observed once a month, or once a week?

Is the Watchtower teaching that the "other sheep", who do not partake, accurate? Could your bible teach you something different?

Some verses you may want to consider John 10:16 "not of this fold"? Did Jesus mean the "anointed" fold, or the "Jewish" fold? Lets find out. Please read Romans 11:25-31 ; Eph 2:11-19 ; Eph 3:1-12 ; Romans 15:9-12

Enjoy your Christian Freedom (Galatians 5:1)

BC

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good call, Sasha.

If wifey and I were closer, we'd come over and share 'in remembrance'. I did not miss many in 40 years - now I don't miss IT at all.

Jeff

• Sasha
    Sasha

Dear Beer Connoisseur: That is JUST what I have been doing all day....I know of what you speak, and do not feel at this time any guilt of not attending...Except I'll miss the "Easter Oufits" the women brake out for the Memorial, 'cause they can't use them on Easter!! ha ha ha Thanks again. You guys are TRULY friends! Going back to my bible now. I guess it's just hard to break a habit like this one. However, last year when I started having some major issues, I did not enjoy the memorial, and found it not as satisfying as previous times. In fact, I remember it being slightly creepy. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit