Bad News....

by ColdRedRain 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'm being forced to go back to the Kingdom Hall on Sunday because my wife demands I should do it. That's right. I have a wife. I should have been more honest with you. I really have a wife. I've been married for 2 years. Sorry folks. But that's married life.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Have you been pretending like you dont have a wife?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I think he is referring to the "girlfriend" before the divorce thing.

• averyniceguy
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wear a crucifix and sprinkle holy water on the elders as you pass them, while mumbling in Latinesque. Likely your sentence will get reduced that way.

Jeff

• JH
    JH
    I'm being forced to go back to the Kingdom Hall on Sunday because my wife demands I should do it

Well, you got married for the better or the worse.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Eat garlicky beans, cheesy bean burritos, Doritos, and get very, very drunk the night before. See if she wants you there smelling like you'll smell.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Umm, as a wife, I can't imagine insisting my husband does anything he doesn't want to do unless its picking up his dirty laundry, or putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

Can't you just say no? Didn't god give you a free will option?

r.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

How can she demand you to go???

Will she be holding out on sex if you don't?? No dinner??

nj

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm being forced to go back to the Kingdom Hall on Sunday because my wife demands I should do it.

There are two things wrong with this:

1) You're letting your wife tell you what you should and shouldn't do for yourself. You're the only one who knows what's best for yourself

2) She is going against her religion by ordering you to attend the Kingdom Hall. You are the head of the household whether or not you're a JW. As long as you're not interfering with her spirituality, you're not doing anything wrong. According to the JW rules, wives are supposed to be in subjection to their husbands, not bossing them around. She's supposed to be setting a good example so you'll be "moved" by her spirituality and go back to the KH on your own. Bossing you around isn't going to do that.

I'm sorry that you're going through this, pal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit