ARE GB MEMBERS PSYCHOPATHS?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They are not psychopaths. They are "Captives of a Concept". Namely, that they were appointed in 1919 to take care of Jesus' earthly belongings.

Blueblades

• Gill
    Gill

They're just plain daft and delusional like anyone else who thinks they're 'special' or 'different' or 'more important than others.'

In the end, they have nothing more to offer humanity than plain old Joe bloggs in the street and yet they believe that God is using them to direct the sales force of a book publishing company. That's not psycopathic, that's just plain 'Insane.'

Do they have any psychiatrists at Brooklyn Bethel?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I believe the term [you may be looking for] is

SOCIOPATH.

(not given to psychotic delusions, but LACKING a normal SOCIAL CONSCIENCE...and having an OVER-developed sense of personal entitlement)

And in my opinion...I'm sure at least some of them are. I'm quite certain both Russell and Rutherford WERE. Russell, possibly psychotic...Rutherford...sociopathic narcissist--every step of the way!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Well, in my opinion the only difference between the GB and Charlie Manson is that one of them is not in prison. They defintely have bloodguilt for the deaths of 10's of thousands JW's due to their death-dealing medical restricions for the past 70 years. Only an amoral person could overlook those deaths and be able to sleep at night.

• Arthur
    Arthur

How did Raymond Franz put it? "We were followers of followers". I think this sums it up. The members of the GB are just as indoctrinated as the r&f members are.

Steven Hassan pointed out that in many Bible cults he studied; the group doctrines were especially powerful because the founders and leaders believed in the teachings just as much as the followers did.

When I was at Bethel, and met several members of the GB (even having lunch with Carey Barber) I got the impression that they were just as "average" as any other old brothers. I never sensed any remarkable personality traits which would even suggest that they were psychopathic.

I think that the Watchtower leadership can be likened to a toxic parent. A toxic parent can have just as much love and concern for their child as any other. But, because of their own faulty thinking, delusions, or misconceptions; they may do some very irrational things which damages their children. When a body of men truly believe that they are the guardians over the flock of the only true religion on earth; they are naturally going to do some irrational things which damage people's lives.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are not really psychopaths but they are evil people whose conscience hot singed and lost its sensitivity so they are not racked by guilt for the extensive pain they have caused to countless people. I do not accept that they truly believe that what they do is right, they are hypocrites they surely know it's wrong but, it serves their interests. They are deceiving their members in a big and elaborate way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit