Raised a JW, left at 18, 5 years later...

by NomadSoul 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Wow, I can remember like it was yesterday. Raised a JW, after I left I was complexed for the next year, didn't know what life had for me. I was uncertain, and scared. But I have learned so many things about life. I got a good job that I love and that pays goods, and still moving on up. I'm going back to college this year. Everything is looking up for me, the dark years are over.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

I can relate to that familiar "confused" state that you mentioned. I too was born & raised as a JW. I left when I was 23 and never looked back. It was difficult at times, but I managed to stay away and rebuilt my life. I no longer regret my decision to leave "The Organization".

Sounds like you are on the right track...Congrats!!!

• sspo
    sspo

I'm happy for you and very young and a whole life ahead of you.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome Nomad,

I also was raised a JW, left at 18 and have moved on with my life.

Enjoy, there are lots of others here that have the same, or even worse stories to tell. Very informative

nj

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum and well done in that you had the courage to move out of a sterile and exploited life in the cult and get a life for yourself. Ultimately the WTS has nothing worthwhile to offer to its followers no paradise in this system or any future system.

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to the board NomadSoul.

I was raised a dub and had a lot of doubts for a long time growing up. I'm just so glad I found out the truth about the borg and can finally start living my life now too.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thats excellent news. What you going to be studying?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you Nomadsoul, just stay away from that king dumb hall for the rest of this journey.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Wilkommen! :)

You'll find many of us have the 'same' stories! :) I left at 19...celebrating my 10 year anniversary of being cult-free!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit