Your favorite movie music?

by zagor 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Score for The Natural by Randy Newman. If you haven't heard it, you should.

Harold and Maude, mostly Cat Stevens.

I like Jesus Christ Superstar and God Spell, too.

Oklahoma! and Carousel are good oh yes and South Pacific.Fiddler on the Roof. Yea.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How could I forget This Is Spinal Tap? I bought it for Andy for Christmas and he plays it all the time. Says it's cathartic for him, the film that is. The music is a parody of every heavy metal and classic hard rock band. It's really very good. It's fun to figure out the real life inspiration for each song and parts of songs.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The Bryan Adams song from Don Juan DeMarco (I cant remember titles for crap!)

The "I don't want to miss a thing" song from one of those armageddon movies (Armageddon???) that was sung by Aerosmith or??? Ah, love them both, totally romantic songs. I appreciate music the way some appreciate art-I know what I like when I hear it.:)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ms McDucket-I agree, overall I did not like Moulin Rouge. It felt frantic and hyper and gave me a headache and I felt like I drank a few gallons of coffee watching it. The actors were pretty. . .but the story and production were not great. CHICAGO was awesome. . .but I love Queen Latifah, Renee Zellweger and Zeta-Jones. The story was more interesting, the production was beautiful , the story was funny and ironic, dramatic and sad. Great movie. Don't remember the music, though it was a musical. . .I must have liked it ok, but it didn't stick.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

JWd...

The Bryan Adams song from Don Juan DeMarco (I cant remember titles for crap!)

Oh that's one of my fave movies and songs! The song is Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman, Bryan Adams has such a soulful voice and that song just sends me!

A good movie and soundtrack is Hope Floats one of the few soundtracks I had to purchase after seeing the movie.

• poppers
    poppers

Lawrence of Arabia - Magnificent Seven - The Deer Hunter - 2001: A Space Odyssey - Patton - more to come later

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Purple Rain

Dirty Dancing

Waiting to Exhale

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

For all UK movie music fans - The Sunday Times is giving away 10 Ennio Morricone classics tomorrow with the paper. Just thought you'd like to know!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Lord of the Rings - incredibly evocative, stirring and moving.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Crank your speakers up for this one.

The Departed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit