Question for JWS and EXJWS

by Fisherman 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

With one minor exception, I rather agree with Brother Apostate's list:

For example, start with the Law of Love, then add to that those other things (all summed up in that law, but fully expounded on elsewhere) as follows:

Putting faith in God, his Son, Jesus Christ, his Son's ransom sacrifice's power to redeem us, and his inspired word the Holy Bible - Hebrews 10:12, 26; 11:6; 11:1-40; John 3:16-21; Romans chapters 4, 5 & 6; Romans 10: 9-17; Acts 4:12; 10:43; Matthew 26:28; Mark 3:28-30; James 4:17; 5:15; 1 John 4:9-14;Luke 13:23,24; 1 Timothy 4:10.

Practicing the fruitages of the Holy Spirit, doing our utmost to avoid sin -Galatians 5:19-25;1 Corinthians 6: 9,10; Matthew 12:31

Prayer - Matthew 5:44, 6:9, 26:41; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; James 5:16; Romans 12:21; Phillipians 4:6; Colossians 4:2; 1 Peter 4:7.

I start with the law of love as a doctrine and the rest following as advisable things, but not doctrine.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

1 Do you now reject all of the wts teachings and doctrines?
    I reject the WTS completely as an apostate organization.
    2 What doctrines do you still believe in?
    *** rs p. 199 par. 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***
    (1) Bible: Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs. - I can still believe this - just not the JW demon-inspired Bible.

(7) Death: They believe that the dead are conscious of absolutely nothing; that they are experiencing neither pain nor pleasure in some spirit realm; that they do not exist except in God’s memory, so hope for their future life lies in a resurrection from the dead. - except with a little difference in the time of the resurrection - why can't it be just after death?

3 What doctrines have you stopped believing in?
    *** rs p. 199 par. 3 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***
    (2) God: They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly witnesses about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group—Jehovah’s Witnesses. - I worship God as the only true God - as expressed in the trinity. He is in no way identified with Jehovah's Witnesses.

*** rs p. 199 par. 4 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***
    (3) Jesus Christ: They believe, not that Jesus Christ is part of a Trinity, but that, as the Bible says, he is the Son of God, the first of God’s creations; that he had a prehuman existence and that his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a virgin, Mary; that his perfect human life laid down in sacrifice makes possible salvation to eternal life for those who exercise faith; that Christ is actively ruling as King, with God-given authority over all the earth since 1914. - Jesus is God, he was not created, he did exist in the heavens, he was born of a virgin and did give His life for me - this salvation is NOT dependent on works, but on acceptance - difficulty with the WT concept of "exercising" faith. Jesus is my King, but not as the WT views it.

*** rs p. 200 par. 1 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***
    (5) Heavenly life: They believe that 144,000 spirit-anointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the reward for everyone who is good. - the two classes is not found in the Bible.

(8) Last days: They believe that we are living now, since 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world; that lovers of righteousness will survive into a cleansed earth. - Nope - 1914 not in the Bible, no valid basis and the people who saw the events of 1914 are, let's see - DEAD.....

4 What doctrines are you not sure about?
    *** rs p. 199 par. 5 Jehovah’s Witnesses ***
    (4) God’s Kingdom: They believe that God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind; that it is a real government; that it will soon destroy the present wicked system of things, including all human governments, and that it will produce a new system in which righteousness will prevail. - It is a little different from what the WT portrays - not as much a government as human governments that we are familiar with - it is more complete than that.

(6) The earth: They believe that God’s original purpose for the earth will be fulfilled; that the earth will be completely populated by worshipers of Jehovah and that these will be able to enjoy eternal life in human perfection; that even the dead will be raised to an opportunity to share in these blessings. - not sure.

(9) Separate from the world: They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers. They show genuine Christian love for their neighbors, but they do not share in the politics or the wars of any nation. They provide for the material needs of their families but shun the world’s avid pursuit of material things and personal fame and its excessive indulgence in pleasure. - We have to do our part in making the world better - where to draw the line I'm not sure. I don't think we need to stay away from politics, we do need to support our families, no need to be greedy.

(10) Apply Bible counsel: They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God’s Word in everyday life now—at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person’s past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God’s Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization. - I do not agree with disfellowipping - not in the Bible - but I do feel it is good to apply Bible standards to my life.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FisherMan..WBT$ can turn thier backs on their own doctrines in a heartbeat..That being the case..Whats the point in believing in any of them.. "1914 the Generation that will not pass away" Was a major doctrine,thats right.."Was".. Now no one believes that anymore..Worse..No one cares.....Jehovah`s Witness`s have gone to jail,because the WBT$ says it`s wrong join a government organization like the Military..Yet the WBT$ had no problems joining the Untited Nations-NGO when it suited them..The doctrines of the WBT$ mean nothing,especially to the WBT$..The conduct of the WBT$ is proof of that..The Doctrines of the WBT$ are disposable at any time..By order of the WBT$!.....A question though.....What is the point of this thread?...OUTLAW

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Auld Soul:

Spoken like a spiritual man! I also believe in the things that you posted and I am sure that so do many people that never were JWS or know anything about jw doctrine and also Catholics, Protestants, and many other "christians".

WTS teachings and doctines however is just that, WTS teachings and doctrines; The application and interpretation of the Bible from the viewpoint of the wts. Such beliefs are conclusions. I am not saying that such conclusions are erroneous.

Outlaw, no point really. As a jw one must believe in dictated wts teachings and doctrines, however, many jws secretly do not and a lot of jws that leave are still convinced of many wts teachings. As an insider (past, present or future), I concluded that mostly all of the jws that leave the org do so because they got angry at the wts. There were a few cases of jws openly disagreeing with wts teachings. But I found that even iin such cases there existed an underlying personal reason that was the cause. Also people get tired or do not want to live as a jw because they would rather be doing something else. Most of the time the people that do not leave on, the ones that get kicked out are for sex offenses. The great thing about this site is that people are not forced to believe. People can freely have and express their own views without fear.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I find it difficult to believe that anyone that has ever been a JW can belive in Trinity or Hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit