Research

by Rethinking 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

I posted a couple of topics a few weeks ago as a Newbie. It was suggested that I read up on the history of JW. I have begun my research and would like to just say that it is very disturbing. I'm sure to those of you who are experienced know that already. What bothers me is that, all the time, other religions and their history have been looked down upon and bashed, yet JW are pretty much the same with the spiritism, prejudice and other abominations that other religions are condemned for. I remember when the Proclaimers book first came out and Witnesses were excited that 'oooo, we have a history book and blah, blah, blah'. Boy, if they only knew!

I will continue my research. I like knowledge. However, I found myself thinking the other day that it was probably a good thing that I didn't read my magazines and other publications like I was "supposed" to, you know, like a good and faithful Christian. I'd go out in field service and "wing it". May be I wasn't too interested in that type of knowledge. I have my personal thoughts that aren't so much in line with the Witnesses, but I just keep 'em to myself and do what I need to do.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Welcome rethinking, good to do your own research instead of the bias filtered information that someone else is spoon feeding the others with.

There is wisdom in keeping your own thoughts to yourself or should I say there is error with the use of many words as Solomon said.

abr

• Borgia
    Borgia

Let us know what you find and where you research will lead you.

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit