Massive increase in baptisms

by Zico 20 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Let's not forget that most of that crap they tell us at these ASSemblies and CONventions are just made up.

I'd be rich if I had a dollar for ever time I heard some moronic Elder try to sound impressive with some figures he came up with about the growth of the org.

The news you heard of is coming from one source, some dumb guy who got second hand information from somebody who knows a former Bethelite.

That 'Bible Teach' book it totally moronic. I've heard people in the territory say it didn't make any sense. There is no way it is working, the only people that may come back have allready been there before and don't worry, they'll end up leaving again.

• Joker10
    Joker10

PUBLISHERS

2007 Service Year

2006 Service Year

Numerical Growth

Percentage Increase

September

2.33%

November

5.33%

There are no decreases.

BAPTISMS

September

7.13%

November

28.29%

With the exception of the summer convention months, this past November had the highest number of baptisms in 10 years.

PIONEERS

September

October

November

Consecutive peaks of Pioneers.

AUX. PIONEERS

September

November

Since only 4 years ago, the number of Aux Pioneers has increased more than 70%

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Doesn't matter if 1 million get baptised tomorrow. Cults do increase in #'s you know.

• JH
    JH

Suckers are born every minute....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't buy it.

In the stock market a given stock can have a significant price increase and then crater over a single day.

I'll believe it when the year end numbers are released.

There is also the possibility the WTS has changed the way they handle the baptism numbers.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Maybe a lot of young ones are getting baptized as Witnesses to avoid going to the war?

• Zico
    Zico

I don't know whether it's true or not, I'm just relating what was said by a DO at the Assembly! I'm only a messenger.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I missed this part as I was on a walk, but my family told me about it, and I've confirmed it with 2 other Witnesses.

See that JW training still having effect.

I don't know about the baptism figures, but I do know the KM figures for publishers in Britain for September through December shows a sizeable increase. If they keep it up for the rest of the year we are probably talking about a 3% increase in average publishers in the next report - easily.

I thought the main reason for the good figures was the campaigns. However December shows the best figure so far and there was no campaign in December: 126,539 publishers. December is usually a very poor month with about 120,000 publishers or fewer.

I wonder what's going on. Are Jehovah's Witnesses having a resurgence?

Slim

• dozy
    dozy

I think that there are several factors at play here:

(1) Much as ex-witnesses / apostates wish to see a hugh decrease in JW numbers , this isn't going to happen (bar a WCG style confession or a huge schism or scandal). There is just too much momentum and too much loyalty from the R & F for this to happen. The WTS are keeping their core members & recruiting more.

(2) The "evangelizing model" virtually guarantees an increase every year - that is why JWs have 6 - 7 million members and the bible students only have a few dozen thousand. Especially in 3rd world countries , big increases are happening every year.

(3) In recent years , with the dumbing down of the tract campaigns and the "Bible Teach" book , the WTS have re-energised the preaching work - more pioneers , more publishers. I'm seeing publishers on the FS who haven't been out for years.

(4) Frankly - the world is in a mess - Iran / Iraq , global warming , peak oil etc - you name it.

(5) Apostate websites etc only have a tiny effect and mainly reinforce the views of those who have already left (either mentally or literally).

The WTS has always had trend growth at 3%-4% or so a year and this will continue for decades. Reports of the WTS death have been greatly exaggerated!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    we are probably talking about a 3% increase in average publishers in the next report

is that before disfellowshipping season

has that passed yet this year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit