Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Early Daylight Saving Time

by Lady Lee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For the most part I rely on my computer clock to give me the right time.

Well just missed an appointment because of that

I have adjusted the time several times - those senior's moments made me think I just forgot to to do it.

Well each time I set it the stupid clock resets to the old time. Allk my other clocks are fine except the computer.

I finally realized that if I set the computer to say I am in the Central Time Zone it just might stay at the right time until the end of the month when I can rest it for Eastern time

Who thought of this stupid idea?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I do!!!

I have refused to cooperate!! fortunately no one knows if I get to work at 8 am instead of 7

http://www.bushorchimp.com/

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

We used to purposely forget to alter our clocks so that we could walk in halfway through the Sunday meeting!
    That was the only good thing about it.

• badboy
    badboy

THE IDEA HAS SOMETHING TO WITH FARM LABOURERS WORKING LONGER HOURS,METHINKS!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well I just found a link over at Microsoft that is supposed to fix the problem.

It wouldn't work for some really stupid reason

So I'm back living near Nos and Twitch but the drive is long - very very long

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

It has been the biggest pain in the ass. I didn't know Canada went along with it.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

It has been the biggest pain the in the ass. I didn't know Canada went along with it. At work the XP machines were ok but the 2000s weren't. Then the 2000s were ontime but the XP were AHEAD an hour. My boss's blackberry messed up all of his appointments and instead of adjusting the clock, it actually moved appointment times. Thank god my Mac at home has been right on the whole time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've had the fight with my PDA for the same reason.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hmmm... my XP laptop had no problems when I changed the time on it. It is still okay, too. Interesting.

Regards,

Jim TX - P.S. I'm in the Central Time Zone, too... perhaps you're in the 'Twilight Zone'... *wide grin*

• BFD
    BFD

I can't beleive yet another international blunder courtesy of GWB. YIKES!

BFD - of the really stays out of the political arenea class but couldn't resist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit