Do you have a flat panel computer monitor?

by averyniceguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I have HP 17 flat panel computer monitor with speakers built in to it. Excellant!

Blueblades

• juni
    juni

I have one w/my new computer. I LOVE IT!! It takes up little room as I have limited space on my desk.

Juni

• daystar
    daystar

I just bought a 22" Viewsonic LCD from Costco for $299. - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11163877&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

The only problem is that I had to take the first two back because they both had one single bad pixel, but it was ultimately worth it for the price.

alt

Oh yeah, for $50 more, you can get one with a handy iPod dock on the base right there.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

I have a 24" Dell that I bought a couple years back that I'm very happy with...below is a link to a 22" widescreen monitor that is a good size/price.

DELL E228WFP 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor Usually Ships: 1-2 Days Manufacturer Part#: KU311 Dell Part#: 320-5205 Customize It
    altMore Details
    $329.00 $296.00 [You Save $33.00] As low as $9 /month 1

Dell Preferred Account Apply Now | Learn More
  • greendawn
    greendawn

I have one for four years since February 2003, that's when flat TFT monitors came down to a reasonable price this 15' cost me then £300 ($600) but only two years previously to that, a decent 15' TFT cost around £900 ($1800). The difference was immense it doesn't tire the eyes, doesn't produce a magnetic field, produces only very weak radiation and is of course much slimmer and neater than the CRT monitors. It's a Sony so the quality is great (especially colour rendition) and it stands up well to the test of time, no problems to date.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'd go with a 20 + inch flat panel tv with computer connections.

That way you have a tv and a computer in one, with the hit of a button.

• knock knock
    knock knock

As you can see by the responses, flat panel is the only way to fly. I wanted a cheap 17" and bought a GEM for about $150. It works great for me and I have just one word of warning. If you see what you like in a store, get it. Don't listen to the salespersonage trying to upsell you to something you don't really need. I was told this monitor was an "entry level" monitor and would not display graphics/video very well. Pfttttt. Works great. Come to think of it, everything I own is "entry level".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit