They finally found me...

by P&C 6 Replies latest jw friends

• P&C
    P&C

Knock on the door this morning...

A nice little Witnoid lady is at my door... hands me a tract (I think it was a Memorial Invite)...and says...

"I'd like to give you an invitation to an "Event"...that the whole community is talking about"...

How sad... they resort to lying and misrepresentation... on the simplest of matters.

I handed it back and said no thanks... she turned and left.

That is the FIRST contact the bOrg has had with me in almost 5 years... hope it's another 5 before I see one again...

P&C

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    How sad... they resort to lying and misrepresentation... on the simplest of matters.

Funny how you see the little tatics now,

John 8:32 you will know the truth and it shall set you free

abr

• daystar
    daystar

It's been... *counting...* fifteen years since I've gotten a visit from a JW.

Hear that JDUB lurkers? Fifteen years and not one knock. You really should blanket apartment complexes more thoroughly. I've been visited by more Mormons than I have Witnesses.

So, who's doing Jehovah's witnessing work again?

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

don't see much of JWs around here either. Last time was about three years ago and I think they'd been sent by an old 'friend' .... hmmmm.... anyway they regretted it - I'd been in the truth way before they'd come into it so I could talk with first-hand experience about 1975 mania and various things the WT has said about prophecy and so on. They hadn't any argument back because I'd been there!

I think I'm a DNC but I don't see them around here at anyone else's door either. Maybe they're tiring out? lol

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Since I live in a private retirement community, I never have personal visits from JWs. But in the last year or so, I've received phone calls. I could tell it was usually from elderly sisters who probably can not go from door to door but can count time by calling on those that the other members fail to reach.

I've heard that the door to door ministry has fallen off in recent years. With both parents working today, it is difficult to find people at home. And private communities have been built in many areas making access impossible. The Society is locked into the past and doesn't seem to use other means to reach the public. This has been the downfall of many other businesses.

• ridgerunner
    ridgerunner

I always wondered about this. I was a FTP back in the '70's in a territory that we covered at least once every 2 months. I've lived in 20 major cities since being DF'd and I can remember being called on ~2 times in all those years. At the same time I've been called on by Mormans & various others many, many times. I would be interested to hear why this is happening. My parents (father a PO, if that's what they still call them) apparently are still out there thumping. Was I really a locust for nothing?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Poor deceived dubs they don't realise what sort of dragon like devouring organistion they are promoting. And what's the point of their memorial if no one or virtually no one participates?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit