My memorial invite and response to dad

by megsmomma 6 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Children, the Memorial is on Monday, April 2, 2007 at sundown. Please find a Kingdom Hall and attend. Love ya, Gary Here is my step dads invitation to the memorial. He sent it to me, my siblings (copied in my du(M)b mom) and some of my youngest sisters friends. Can't you feel the heart felt love?? LOL! Here is my response: (I wanted to say been there, done that....got the t-shirt, but I decieded to try to be respectfull....It isn't as fun!) I sent the response to all that he invited. (Next page down)

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thank you for the invite dad. I know you love us and are trying to encourage us all. I will not be going to that memorial though....and it is because of my research on the Bible. Here is why: The Bible speaks of Jesus as our mediator. The society says that he is ONLY the mediator for the 144,000. I have chosen to believe the Bible over the society of imperfect men. Here is what the Bible says...(From the New World Translation) 1 I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there isone God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all The society puts it differently... "So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the mediator only for anointed Christians The great crowd of other sheep that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However by associating with the little flock of those yet in that covenant they come under the benefits that flow from that new covenant." WT 4/1/7

"They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ." WT 11/15/79 "To keep in relationship with Our Savior, God, the great crowd needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites." WT 11/15/79 Love you, Lyndi
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

You go Megsmomma - nice and to the point and just as loving as the invite! Well done honey! Am proud of you!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i got an invite from my b.i.l.

dont have a problem with that..i was having my sunday dinner with them at the time as i usually do..wouldnt have not expected them to at least try...and the truth is if one of the family was giving his first talk or some other such thing i would go see as i would do if they were doing something in a non jw sense.

but the thought occured to me that despite what they say at memorials about everyone being welcome and good to see you etc etc...have you any idea the ammount of concealed contempt there is for once-a-year attenders

im so not going there

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Very well put megsmomma, I too believe that when it comes to a man or what the Bible says, I am going to err on the side of the Bible, simple but the choice is there for everyone,

Believe the Bible

Or Man

abr

• unique1
    unique1

Good show.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Here is my response: (I wanted to say been there, done that....got the t-shirt, but

I think you should go and Wear the T-shirt..

Enjoy your full moon anyway you want.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit