Michael Jackson as a JW ...

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Do you believe that the JW factor in Michael Jackson's life contributed in any way to him being a misfit of sorts?

I'm wouldn't describe myself as a fan of his, but sometimes I just feel so sorry for the poor guy. Here you have someone with indisputable talent from childhood with a pure love for performing ... but a child nonetheless. Perhaps the requirements of his performing childhood conflicted with his JW indoctrination and he simply couldn't cope with it.

And now it's even worse! He's responsible for children who're probably thinking that it's everyone else who's weird! The seclusion they must live in could never be healthy. What about their social skills? I'm scared for them.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I always felt a little sorry for Michael. He was such a cute & talented kid.

Between his JW mother and his abusive non-JW father he hardly had a chance to grow up in any sense normal.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I won't speak for everyone but I certainly beleive that fanatic parents taking the watchtower too seriously can definately stunt emotional maturity. Just look at how many things a young Jw is restricted from and has to feel guilty about while others do things as naturally as breathing. I definatley think this played apart. He is also a special case as far as fame at a young age, and the effects that can have, as well. We have seen from so many child stars how tragically some of them end up. Both worlds are not grounded in reality.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Take the JW factor out of Michael Jackson's upbringing and he would still be a mess. But having the JW factor in his upbringing didn't help him live a normal life.

• The Rapster
    The Rapster

Every element of his life is influenced by his childhood effort to be a good JW. I know, not only was I there with him in L.A. during the entire episode but have seen the same things everyone else has:

Neverland: Come on now. Is this not a carbon copy of all the illustrations in Paradise Found/Paradise Lost?

Abuse By Joe Jackson: So typical, so criminal in almost all JW households in the 70's.

Talent: Creativity and youth overcoming harsh reality of existence as a JW.

I have checked out the various MJ threads and can tell you from first hand experience and as a major JW from back in the day, his struggles and dreams are 100% tied to being a Jehovah's Witness.

And yes, he disassociated himself after the Thriller video came out.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Possibly went wacko due to an over repressive father who apparently force the entertainment industry on all of his kids

and a devout religious jw mother who was responsible for introducing him to a even more repressive religion.

All that repression and control just popped and got let loose when he became ultra famous and ultra rich,

all this came on him when realizing he was an independent adult, too much money and fame can destroy a character when its let loose

and sent out of control.

The child molestation cases that he fought and unfortunately won brings forth a bad example of how a lot of money can indeed get you out of trouble.

Too bad though, I think a long prison sentence would have brought him back down to earth and made him realize what true human values are all about.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yeah I also feel sad when I hear the stories about his strange escapades. I know in my heart that his JW upbringing made him who he is today. He's not as lucky as us to be able to heal. Imagine if he came to this forum and was able to sort through the b.s.

The Rapster - That's interesting that you knew him. (oh and welcome!) I am guessing having seen things first hand you would make some interesting connections. I never made the connection about neverland before.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I think anyone who has to grow up before their time, will end up spending their life trying to live as a child.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

The child molestation cases that he fought and unfortunately won brings forth a bad example of how a lot of money can indeed get you out of trouble.

What about the boys in his life. Michael Jackson said he sleep with them, that is not right. He uses his money to get what he wants. I don't feel sorry for him. He was a good looking child, now he is a mess.

altaltalt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit