LOVING AN ORGANISAION MORE THAN YOUR FAMILY?

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

WERE THERE SUCH PEOPLE IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

• carla
    carla

Wouldn't that be true of most jw's? When it comes right down to it they will choose the org over spouse, children or parents.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Re: LOVING AN ORGANISATION MORE THAN YOUR FAMILY?

We have relatives that do. They're brain dead watchtower drones. 100% allegiance, no questions asked.

Dismembered

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

My uncle, aunt and grandmother have been disfellowshipped since 1980 for apostacy, leaving with Franz. My witness family has nothing to do with them. But of course I do. And since I left quietly I can still talk to them to. If I were to want to.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My mother and grandmother picked the organization over me.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

My family has proved that true on too many occasions

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

In the minds of Jehovah's Witnesses it is not a conscious choice of famiy or organization. Rather, it is between God and family. What they don't realize is that by equating God with the organization they are guilty of the worst form of idolatry. Jesus demonstrated that the Jews of his day were doing similar things. Material support for parents could be declared "corban" (gifts for the temple) and not handed over to mom and dad. The same mentality prevails in the organization today. If parents become disfellowshipped, JWs feel that they are no obligation to give material or emotional support to their parents. Rather, loyalty to the "mother organization" prevails. But Jesus' did not buy the argument: "Thus, you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradtion. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by man.' " (Matthew 15:3-9)

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

This is quite typical of the cult family problem that many ex witnesses speak of, if you don't belong to the jw family you are considered evil and you must be kept at arms length

The WT explicatively states that family members that have left the religion should be avoided and even more so if he or she criticizes the WTS as the power to be. When an individual joins one

of these elusive cults the separating process begins and sides are established in a sense the jw family has become the real family, a slave gained today is a win a slave lost is not.

• BFD
    BFD

My mom uses the bible to justify her love for god and hence the shunning of her own family. Matt 10: 34-37

She is confusing the WTS with god, as always.

BFD

• Mary
    Mary
    Pahpa said: What they don't realize is that by equating God with the organization they are guilty of the worst form of idolatry.

That's one of the simplest and best summaries of the Watchtower Society I've ever seen in print.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit