URGENT - UK Elders (or elders wives)

by S EIGHT 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Hi,

I am in urgent need of a copy of a letter sent to UK elders in regard to weddings held at the KH and specific comments about the responsibilities of the brother giving the wedding talk. I'm told this is a fairly recent letter.

We have an elder kicking up hell about innactive ones who want to come and watch the wedding. He happens to be the one giving the talk and is acting like he has full control on this wedding. He's a control freak and is using this situation to his advantage. Even secretly interviewing various ones in the congregation.

A scanned version would be excellent as I need to present hard copy proof.

As you can imagine, there's a huge arguement developing, elders are misquoting this letter but will not show my family member the actual letter, as they claim it is confidential.

I'm only a mini so my powers are limited.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

S8

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry I can't help. Though I will be with some crazy Elders and their wives later on today, I'll see if I can tactfully find out.

Still surprises me that the Watchtower doesn't require a 'virginity test' before allowing weddings on in the KH! Crazy dubs! You have to laugh.....otherwise.....

• Gill
    Gill

I wonder if they'll have a similar ban on inactives for funerals?

I think 2008 will see a serious decline in the Watchtower's grasp on common sense as it slips into terminal decline and dementia.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I hope someone can help you out.

Slim

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Still surprises me that the Watchtower doesn't require a 'virginity test' before allowing weddings on in the KH! Crazy dubs! You have to laugh.....otherwise.....

How would they test the males? Use some dice?

• Gill
    Gill

Honesty - As in Islam - the males would 'get away with it!'

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Inactive ones? Even disfellowshipped can attend!

This is a scan of page 5 of an older letter concerning weddings. If you want all 5 scans then let me know and I'll scan them for you. I didn't scan all 5 pages because this letter is dated 1988 and I would think there would be a more recent letter. This is the only one I could find right now though. It plainly states in paragraph 2 that even a "disfellowshipped" person can attend weddings as long as they act properly. In fact, the disfellowshipped person can also attend the reception.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

A more recent letter may have made a change to those arrangements, so I will keep looking for a letter dated 2000 or after.

Nevada-

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Weddings are public events . Inevitably "worldly" relatives and sometimes friends attend . This has always been seen as an opportunity to show themselves in a good light.

So, either this elder is off his rocker? Or there is a certain specific problem about the individuals who want to come..It would have to be a pretty big problem to get them banned from the service.

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

I am so glad I am out of the organization.

I have just come back to this site after an absence of several years and reading some of these postings is getting my blood boiling. Think I had better get a another cup of green tea.

When my sister got married in 1989 my husband and 3 children were invited to the wedding service because it is public building is open to all. The reception was another story. No go there. We were asked to be in the formal wedding pictures.

Why did I allow me and mine to be treated like this? Why did we go? She is my little sister. She even told me she hated it that we couldn't see each other. However, she did come to visit my children. Since my disfellowshipping in 1985 I don't get to see much of my little sister but she has been there for me when I landed in the hospital. 1987 she came to look after my children and then in 2004 she and her husband came daily to look after my cats. I am getting off topic aren't I? Sorry 'bout that. It's just that this site is bringing back some memories.

I can't believe this elder is being given such free reign? Is he just giving the wedding talk or is he in the legal capacity of actually marrying couples?

Praise to Jesus that I am out of that crap!!!!

Good luck with the wedding.I'll be thinking about you.

rosalyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit