Hiring a new fellow today and they must be white.

by hambeak 26 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    But perhaps that's not what you meant.....

You got that part right!

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

Well, I thought that by census definition, ethiopians are not considered blacks. All of North Africans and Middle Eastern people are considered white/caucasian by the U.S. Gov. So, maybe he thinks he's better because of that. justahuman - but super nonetheless

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

You seem to imply that you could loose your job if you hire anyone but a white man to do the job. Well, then your employer would have to look for two people to replace! Why not just interview everyone and pick the best prospect regardless of gender or color or cultural background. If he doesn't like it when you pick a woman or a native American or aboriginal Australian or Gullah-speaking South Carolinian, then tell him to find someone himself!

Dave

• bebu
    bebu

I wonder if it's too late to go back to call up some of the applicants who were passed over on account of race/ethnic origin. And I wonder how you can document that you are trying to follow the law.

All of these workers are legal workers, right? And they speak sufficient English? And they have the qualifications and attitudes (work ethics) one needs for working at your place? Then they should never be disqualified.

Can you get some advice from a gov't office or legal office, advice on how to protect yourself and your job while you follow the law? I really hate racial discrimination.

bebu

• hambeak
    hambeak

I have hired several people in the past at this location and if they are American Black the owner gives them a really hard time.

He will not hire anyone (god forbid as he is ignorant in this line of work.)

His wife is cool and sometimes is there to cashier. All the owner does is cashier and tells people I am the owner. He does not accept responsibility for his actions. I have tried to teach him that qualified people are his best asset regardless of race.

He would die if he knew I am gay as he absolutely hates us faggots. LOL. But he loves the money the boys lay out for auto repair.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

He would die if he knew I am gay as he absolutely hates us faggots. LOL. But he loves the money the boys lay out for auto repair.

I Hope you Youtube it when you hand in your notice hambeak!

• zagor
    zagor

I don't think that's exclusively thing with people from Africa. I hear exactly the same stories right across the board of ethnic minorities.

In fact, sometimes you even hear ones who came say 20 or 30 years ago here not being so happy with their countrymen who came maybe 10-15 years ago. 'God forbid' if they are "only" recent arrivals.

I think that speaks more about human nature than about anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit