Rat Poison found in US pet foods

by Nathan Natas 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Some of you may have heard this story, which has been S-L-O-W-L-Y developing for more than a week.

In a nutshell, there have been pet deaths reported in various parts of the US, and the cause of the deaths was the pet food, which, as it turns out, has a component made by one manufacturer that is used in MANY different (and supposedly UNIQUE) pet foods. Both dogs and cats were affected, but more cats than dogs.

At first they said there was a problem with this component -wheat gluten.

Now it is revealed that the wheat gluten had rat poison mixed with it.

see: http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/23/news/companies/pet_food/?postversion=2007032318

Now, what gets me is that if one small granary can of rat poison fell into a few hundred tons of wheat, it wouldn't be a concentrated enough poison to kill a cat or small dog after eating one can of the food. So the concentration of poison had to be much higher than any "accident" would allow. After all, rat poison is not a customary component of edible wheat gluten.

Are companies going to have to subject all their suppliers to gas chromatograph analysis before OK-ing them for use in a recipe? I think maybe that would be a good idea.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

employee/s gone nuts!!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I hope that however this happened it is not taken lightly........80 million cans of recalled dog/and cat food is no small crime.

The death to animals was cruel. I feel sorry for the families and esp the children that lost pets. For the trust that is lost to be

able to buy something at the store and feed it to your pet without wondering if it will kill them.

If this was done intentionally, the responsible person should get just what they set out to do......eat a can of poisoned dog food.

purps

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

honestly...my dog is sick ... the name brands of the foods don't match. He's vomiting and peeing like a lot. This is bigger. Conspiracy??? Is the Gov. behind it???

K9/11??

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Rosowsky speculated that the substance would not show up in pet food "unless somebody put it there."
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If they can poison dogs and cats they will be poisoning us next. I eat canned soup, canned tuna, canned beans. canned vegetables.

• Plummet
    Plummet
    If they can poison dogs and cats they will be poisoning us next. I eat canned soup, canned tuna, canned beans. canned vegetables.

What do you mean poisoning us NEXT. What about the Salmonilla in Spinach and Peanutbutter. . . .

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Allegedly it came from a certain type of poison that was use on the fields. Kind of like pesticides here. The problem is that the same poison is banned here in the states because they found that it caused cancer (what a shock) in people. As for the canned pet food, allegedly menu foods used a new vendor and that was were it was tracked from.

You guys are kidding about a conspiracy right??? What would be the purpose of it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit