Those Three Words "I love you"

by Thinking of Leaving 34 Replies latest social relationships

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Hi everyone, happy Friday

I have a question for the guys and girls on this board. Do you think that the man or the woman should say "I love you" first in a relationship?how long should a couple wait before saying those words?

I'm a firm believer in not saying I love you until the guy says it first, is that wrong?Any feedback would certainly help. Thanks and have a great weekend!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I completely agree with you...I think the man should be the first to say it. That's how it's alway's gone for me anyway..

My husband told me the first time after we had been together for about two weeks. He did it in the sweetest way...He took his finger and wrote on my back the words "I you"...We still do that to this day!!!

• juni
    juni

Personally I don't feel it matters who says it first. If I feel it in my heart, then I say it. IMO if you don't speak from your heart and wait for the other person to be "first" - that is just game playing. If you feel that way about the other than say it.

Juni

You have a nice weekend also!

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

awwww that's so sweet, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the man should initiate those words.

but after only two weekslol

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Hi Juni, I understand what you're saying, but I"m always afraid that if I say it first he won't say it backso I hold back. Just being cautious I guess.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

TGIF to you too!

I wouldn't worry about who should say what first I would worry more about confusing love with lust. True love takes time and shouldn't be rushed into.

• DJK
    DJK

My wife will say "Have I told you I love you a million times today already"? It seems she may be working her way around to getting me to say it first. It works and that's all that counts.

• juni
    juni

Hi again thinkingofleaving,

If he doesn't say it back might mean he has to have more time to figure it all out. I can't deny my feelings though. If it just never happens, then it's time to move on. You don't want to coerce it out of him cause then it would not be coming from his heart.

I feel the couple should be honest w/each other and not mislead the other. Communicate.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Good point Juni, he can't be forced into saying it, I would feel terrible if that were to happen. Patience is a virtue I guess. IF he never says it I have nothing to lose because then he won't know how I truly feel

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I say I love you whenever I feel the impulse. I don't say it to get it back. I just say what I feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit