Anybody want to sell me the original Jan 1st 1989 watchtower?

by ninja 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Seriously, they believe that somewhere out there, apostates have their very own printing operation turning out bogus Watchtower publications just to try and make the Watchtower look bad.

i know they believe that. Had one tell me that while I was pickiting Brooklyn Bethel -of course it was round the back of the building where no one saw him talking with this evil woman with horns.....

• mouthy
    mouthy

Have to tell you before I talked to the faithful JW in Brooklyn Bethel I was standing outside with a bullhorn telling all inside I loved them True story!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Seriously, they believe that somewhere out there, apostates have their very own printing operation turning out bogus Watchtower publications just to try and make the Watchtower look bad.

Who the hell amongst us could afford that?

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Two words - NEW LIGHT. Covers a "multitude of sins"!

• Will Power
    Will Power

I think the biggest point to all of this is how they change from original to the reprints, to the cd - in other words - rewriting their own history so that they always look right - like in the book 1984 - this is dishonest - & dishonesty has no business being anywhere near anything called god, but right where it belongs - in brooklyn. my 2

• whyizit
    whyizit

You may be able to get one from an ebay or yahoo auction.

Is it on the Watchtower Library CD-ROM? Surely they wouldn't mind looking at it there.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Interesting statement.

Here they acknowledge that the preachingwork was founded by Paul........This is a flagrant denial of Acts of the Apostles who clearly identify theslves with Jesus commission and Jesus giving that commission.

And as of Paul......Paul had not been present there.....

cheers

Borgia

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm about to move so I've had a lot of my stuff in boxes for the last few months. I did ok - I only had to open 7 out of over 30 but I found it - after first splitting a finger and nail open when a falling box crushed it against the edge of a table. OUCH! At least I didn't get any blood on it.

It's my mom's old study copy. It has sentimental value to me, partly because she just passed away, but mostly because it was the final evidence I needed to convince me that the watchtower society is not only deceitful, but in my opinion, deliberately so. In recent months I've thrown out several hundred pounds of watchtower literature. This is all I've kept, in the hopes that it may one day help someone as it did me. It's not for sale. I can't put a price on my personal symbol of freedom. PM me where to send it, Ninja. I hope it helps someone.

I remember that watchtower study clearly. I remember that paragraph very well, and the implications of the statement. I remember making a mental note to leave the JWs if this statement was proved wrong, and that mental note stuck with me. After Y2K came and went I spent many hours searching the bound volumes and CD-ROM but couldn't find the article. I was wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me and if I only imagined that I'd read such a thing. I wondered if my mind was just fucked up from the drug use of my younger days. It must be me, right? The watchtower would never deceive anyone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Three more wasted years went by before I started looking at "apostate" sites because of the child abuse scandal. During my research I found a web site that referred to the statement and how it had been changed in the bound volume and CD. The web site said which issue it was in, but there was no scan. I drove over to my mom's place, because she saved all her old magazines rather than get the bound volumes, and she had everything back to the mid 1970's. I was determined to prove that those apostate bastards were liars - HAHAHA! The joke was on me. If the watchtower had included a simple footnote in the bound volume indicating there was a change I may have overlooked the whole thing, but I was not prepared to overlook what I believed was a deliberate deception. The world as I knew it ended that day, and there was no turning back.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who needs to do that? ROFL. The WTS prints so much drivel, they hand it to us in our lap!

• Kaput
    Kaput
    If the watchtower had included a simple footnote in the bound volume indicating there was a change I may have overlooked the whole thing, but I was not prepared to overlook what I believed was a deliberate deception.

The importance of this issue is that it shows the false prophet they really are. Also important is that this was a study article which we as dubs studied and commented on. This was truth to us as provided by Jehovah's faithful & discreet slave. For them to extract the key words of hope and replace them with more illusory wordage without so much as a footnote (as noted by FF above) reveals the nefarious cabal the WBTS really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit