I got a Memorial invitation today

by Flowerpetal 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Well, I let my feelings about some things seep out today when an elder came by to invite me to the Memorial. Of course, this elder, whom my husband and I have known for over 20 yrs, is one who I think jumps around on subjects, no matter what they are concerning, and doesn't stick or listen to the thoughts that anyone wants to express so when I tried to express mine...my reason why I am not attending the Memorial, although I haven't for the past 3 yrs., he brings my dead mother into it..saying she would be pleased if I would come back to the Hall or at least to Memorial because his agenda was to get me to say I was coming to the Memorial. I started telling him not to put that on me but he didn't hear me because he kept on and on in his own thought patterns, stating that the society says we are in the last of the last days...so I asked, How many "lasts" are they going to put on the last days? He kind of bumbled over that one. Anyway, they all like to think they knew my mom pretty well, but nobody knows their parents better than their kids, and they don't know some of the conversations my mom and I had before she died. BTW, I am 59 yrs. old and my mom was a witness when I was born. Well the elder had other witnesses in his van, and some of them had to leave so we left off the conversation, but I guess it will be continued sometime in the future. Oh joy..... I had been holding back a long time in expressing my views, when different witnesses would come to my door but I just couldn't keep back this time...I guess because this elder was really trying to get a committment out of me. Anyway, I wasn't upset and I will not get upset by any of them......maybe because I think for myself now, and I can see where they are coming from....because that's where I used to be.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey flower,

How long have you been out of the borg?

Why are they still bothering you?

Why do you open the door and even give them the time of day?

Why would he say your mother would be pleased if you came to the memorial if they actually believe that the dead are not aware, there is no heaven or hell, you are just sleeping when you die?? Could this be another contradiction in what they teach??

I've been out for 24 years and my parent's had the elders come to my apartment 2 times shortly after I left the borg, both times I told them to get lost, don't bother me and if I wanted to come back I knew where to find them. The second time I told them that if they ever rang my doorbell again, I slap them with a restraining order, and I haven't heard from them since.

Just like to get others opinions on how and why the handle the JWDUBS.

nj

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hey ex!

I faded out a few months after my mother died in 2003. I still attended the summer convention that year, but I made the decision after the convention that it was time to just stop going. I haven't DA's myself so as far as they are concerned, I'm just inactive.

They only come by whenever there is a convention or the Memorial. I guess they still have hope that my husband and I will start coming back. He may come back--we never ever talk about anything society related because he still believes the F&DS are still being led by the holy spirit and I don't.

As far as my mom is concerned, it was just an expression--and I know it was to make me feel guilty as if to say, "what would your mother think about you not going to meetings anymore? (if she were alive"

I don't have any hate in my heart for them....to me they are just another end-time religion needing something to do until "the end comes"....I'm sure other end-time religions keep themselves busy too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit