Ray Franz Comments on Y.M.C.A.

by compound complex 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• under_believer
    under_believer

> Who cares what Ray Franz thinks? Think for yourselves people! or should I say sheeple??

Retarded as usual, I see.

I don't see anyone trying to follow him or match his thinking. He's not a spiritual leader and in fact has made many mistakes in his life. It's just that his story makes compelling reading for anyone who wants to know what goes on behind closed doors at Governing Body meetings, and his perspective is completely unique among ex-Witnesses as the highest-placed organizational defector.

So I guess the answer is "I care what he thinks." Caring what he thinks, however, hasn't seemed to be mutually exclusive with thinking for myself.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I lived at the YMCA for 7 years after my getting the boot as I had no contacts, and my life was in a mess. This Y was affordable where other accomodations wern't, and had counselling and physical components such as a gym to heal body mind and spirit, which is the Y motto.

It seems that once the home wrecking witnesses have destroyed your life that's not enough for them. There stance towards the Y and phychiatric counselling is blatant evidence that they do not want you to find your balance outside of their org. They need to find victims they can always point the finger at and say " See, that's what happens to people who don't love Jehovah, to reinforce there garbage.

Once your in a weakened state, its perfect for their witnessing agenda as well. It convinces me even more, that they are hellbent on destroying anyone that is not, or does not want to be like them. All they offer in counselling is lame scripture, after lame scripture until your ears bleed, with no real comfort on the table ever!

• Sasha
    Sasha

I'm not "Following" Ray Franz or his "thinking". But towards the end of my association I asked a lot of questions about the governing body and was told most of them were of the "annointed". Ray Franz cleared that up for me and I knew I was being lied to, thats why I left!

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTTT for Drew and Amber!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTTT for Skeeter............

• compound complex
    compound complex

Happy Birthday, Y.M.C.A., founded today, 6 June 1844.

• Quandry
    Quandry

When on vacation recently, I ambled into a small bookstore. I did not realize that it was a religious book store. On the shelves were many books about Catholicism, and other religions. There was even a controversial book about the woman Pope, as some think there was.

I mentioned that I saw that they even included material that was controversial to a man in charge at the store, who turned out to be an Episcopalian Priest from the church next door. He was very knowledgeable about religion, and very nice.

If people of other religions are allowed to read and think for themselves, and are still members of their religion because they choose to be, why can't JWs?

By the way, the Priest invited us to go through the courtyard into the "Nave" or sanctuary of his church, and view it. It is over 100 years old, and very beautiful. An organist was practicing on a pipe organ. It was a real treat.

Maybe if the JWs were more forthcoming on beliefs from long ago, and mistakes, we wouldn't be so dissillutioned when we find them out.

And other churches don't throw people out for asking questions.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit