Early Judicial Settings

by Pahpa 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Unlike the secret meetings that the Watchtower conducts for judicial matters, its apparent that the early church was open to all members. On the matter of Gentiles being circumcised, it would seem that the entire congregation at Jerusalem was present as matters were discussed. (Acts 15:4,5, 12) Also, in the case of the incestuous man in Corinth, Paul's appeal was to the entire congregation. (1 Co. 5:4) And if the man is the same as mentioned in 2 Co. 2:6 he notes that "the punishment inflicted on him BY THE MAJORITY is sufficient for him." ( Does this imply that there was a minority that did not agree with the punishment and kept associating? )

The involvment of the entire congregation would insure that the actions of the leaders were above suspicion and that fairness and justice were being dispensed. But the clandestine meetings of the Watchtower leaders are more like the Star Chamber procedures.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Excellent observation, I too noticed this in the scriptures after I left and in my personal reading and studying, I would say there would be many surprised by what actually goes on in elder meetings and how things are approved or disapproved, more of a show of hands and not the HS, there are many who have way more knowledge then the elders and could tell them things on how to handle situations, more wisdom from others. To me this is just one more example of things that are not conducted properly.

abr

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Unlike the secret meetings that the Watchtower conducts for judicial matters, its apparent that the early church was open to all members. On the matter of Gentiles being circumcised, it would seem that the entire congregation at Jerusalem was present as matters were discussed. (Acts 15:4,5, 12) Also, in the case of the incestuous man in Corinth, Paul's appeal was to the entire congregation. (1 Co. 5:4) And if the man is the same as mentioned in 2 Co. 2:6 he notes that "the punishment inflicted on him BY THE MAJORITY is sufficient for him." ( Does this imply that there was a minority that did not agree with the punishment and kept associating? )

exactly.

That is how it was done, publically, not in secret, and since the WTBTS claim to be followers of the Bible ''to the letter'', they are hypocritical, and have proven to be false to it's power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit