The field service report

by James Free 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I distinctly remember talks at the service meeting with scriptures that supposedly supported the field service reports. They scriptures were from Acts. "But when the officers got there they did not find them in the prison. So they returned and made report" Acts 12:17: "...."But he motioned to them with his hand to be silent and told them in detail how Jehovah brought him out of the prison, and he said: 'Report these things to James and the brother.'" Acts 15:27: "We are therefore dispatching Judas and Silas, that they also may report the same things by word." There may have been other scriptures.

I was a loyal dub, but I remember commenting to one of the sisters that I don't see how those scriptures support turning in a field service report.

Bonnie

• James Free
    James Free

Wow, I never heard those twisted interpretations before..."Sorry Sir, I looked in the prison for 1 hour and ten minutes, less 10 minutes for a coffee, and asked all the prisoners, that's 15 - I asked 3 of them twice, as I returned the visit, and left 3 papers"...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The other scripture they misquote to support handing in timesheets is Proverbs 25:25 "Like cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a distant land."

or in the NWT it is a "good report from a distant land" - in fact, this is interesting...

I just noticed that only the NWT uses this phrase....

25 As cold water upon a tired soul, so is a good report from a distant land.

http://bible.cc/proverbs/25-25.htm

NASB: Like cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a distant land. (NASB ©1995)

GWT: Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from far away. (GOD'S WORD®)

KJV: As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

ASV: As cold waters to a thirsty soul, So is good news from a far country.

BBE: As cold water to a tired soul, so is good news from a far country.

DBY: As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

JPS: As cold waters to a faint soul, so is good news from a far country.

WBS: As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

WEB: Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

YLT: As cold waters for a weary soul, So is a good report from a far country.

• stupid
    stupid

...did anybody just give an 'inaccurate' report just to get them off your back and shut them up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit