The memorial date?

by Junction-Guy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
    freydi

"Scriptures do specifically mention the waving of the firstfruits in connection with the Passover ceremony. This tie-in is actually the only direct Scriptural basis for confirming the season of the year because the spring equinox is not referenced. To ignore the tie-in with the first grain harvest would seem to do violence to the original requirement, which becomes significant as a type of Christ’s resurrection on Nisan 16 in 33 A.D. Its omission might seem to seriously undermine the Scriptural support for the timing of the Passover celebration." http://www.heraldmag.org/2005/05ma_10.htm

<br>As for Easter......Definition of Easter Sunday Date
    <br>Easter Sunday is the Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon (PFM) date for the year. In June 325 A.D. astronomers approximated astronomical full moon dates for the Christian church, calling them Ecclesiastical Full Moon (EFM) dates. From 326 A.D. the PFM date has always been the EFM date after March 20 (which was the equinox date in 325 A.D.).http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/easter.htm

• DJK
    DJK

I believe it's April 2, 6 pm here.

edited: Is that a Monday? My bad......

Its a Wednesday on my calander.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This thread is from last year. The memorial in 2008 is Saturday 22nd March (slap bang in the middle of easter weekend wouldn't you know?! )

Mickey.

• freydi
    freydi

Nisan 14, this year is April 19th that begins after sundown on April 18th. Maybe somebody should call NY.

• fokyc
    fokyc

The Memorial date for THIS year, 2008 is Saturday March 22nd

I have my own personal invitation, but I am NOT going.

fokyc

• freydi
    freydi

I'm glad you're not going since it is the wrong date.

• DJK
    DJK
    This thread is from last year.

Nice catch.

• JH
    JH
    Nisan 14, this year is April 19th

Yep, and that's when I'll go, and celebrate this all by myself at the hall with my own wine and bread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit