Turning a the Memorial into an Apostafest

by MsMcDucket 6 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just going to see all the faders and disfellowshipped (or otherwise) that the families have dragged in, so you could plan a meet up? You could tell who they are because no one would be talking to them.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL - nice thinking! Although I don't know that they do drag DFed ones back for the memorial - inactive ones definitely but I don't think DFed ones are specially encouraged to attend. After all family members cannot even tell them when it is as this counts as discussing spiritual things and is outside of the "family emergency" rule.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My neice encouraged me to go to the Memorial via email. This was when I was out (disassociated), but still thought it was the truth. I dragged my family with me. Wish I hadn't of done that because that's when they got my girls!

Maybe, it's not such a good idea after all. If you do go, don't take the kids!

• LynnA
    LynnA

A very naughty pal once suggested dressing in outrageous outfits (her in leather, me in my gypsy skirts and shawls) and go to Memorial and chug the wine and complain about the bread.

We refrained from doing so. Couldn't help speculating on the reaction though...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ex Curcuit Servant & his wife just called. Said two young JWS just left an invitation to the Memorial( they do not know they used to be JWs) They told me they are going to go & when the emblems come to them they are eating ALL the bread & drinking ALL the wine & will stand up & say "Thats for all the years we missed "

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "Thats for all the years we missed "

Tell them to sit near the front. They wouldn't want too many hands (or mouths) to have
    already touched the bread or the glass. Plus, this would make them more noticeable and
    there would be plenty of people left to "serve" still. It would make the whole thing
    rather uncomfortable for the speaker and the elders.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I would really love to do that, but I just cant help but feel that doing this would be like making a spectacle of communion. I partake of the bread and wine (grape juice) in church, but I do it out of respect and reverance, but if I would do that in a KH I feel like God wouldnt be too happy with it because I have done it to cause controversy, not for the right reason.

OTOH, if I werent a Christian now, I would definitely take a big swig out of that glass and munch on the bread, and probably burp too just for a sense of humor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit