the GB stole my idea

by user100 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• user100
    user100

so in the early 90's when i was about to get baptized the elder asked me a million questions and one of them was:

Who is the faithful and discreet slave?

My Answer:

The governing body.

He immediately corrected me that it was the 144k not the GB. Now with nu-lite I believe the GB is the FDS! they done stoleded my idea.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

A few years ago I told an elder the same thing. He went off telling me I was thinking like an apostate.

I should probably go back and ask him who he thinks the apostate is now.

• steve2
    steve2

So,user100 and Marvin, is Jehovah using you as his new channel of communication?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Maybe so. Jesus is said to have told the truth, and he was treated like an apostate!
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I had this argument with my mom 15 years ago. She swore up and down that all of the anointed would do research and send in articles. I told her it was only the GB, and I got the same apostate song and dance line. Today she has no recollection of ever having this conversation with me.
  • JakeM2012
  • user100
    user100

steve2... yes.. i believe so.. God is telling me truths before he talks to the FDS!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Lol joe...selective memory???

I remember being a teenager during the meeting, and whispering to my mother that I thought the 'generation' was just referring to a general group of people...not those specifically born before 1914. She shook her head, but 10 years later the GB came out saying the same thing (before the 'overlapping' fiasco they are currently teaching).

I remember This poor older sister said 'but that means this system could go on and on! I wanted to see it end in my lifetime!!'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A few years back, someone else here accurately predicted that the GB would - before too long - (re)designate themselves solely as the FDS.

Can't remember who, though.

• user100
    user100
    i remember thinking at that time how it doesnt make any sense... how is the 144k that are old and feeble dispersed around the earth is dispensing spiritual food routed through NYC. they had some telekinetic network of the brains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit