Question for Elders - Still Active but open to all - Could you help a Fader

by rassillon 7 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

I can't say that I have gotten to this point where I would want to do this, yet.

But for those of you who are Elders and Former Elders can you answer this question, not this one the one I am about to ask?

Would you be willing to request a publishers card from his current congregation and then give it to him so that he could disappear easier?

Also, in this situation, does the congregation send all records ( besides any in NY ) with the card, do they keep copies?

Just wondering.....

Thanks for your comments.

-r

• blondie
    blondie

Are you moving far away outside your circuit? With or without a publisher card you will encounter JWs who remember you.

Also, if you maintain contact with any JW family or friends (or even people who are in contact with JW family and friends), will you be sharing your address and phone number with them? Will they keep it confidential or will they "share" it with the elders or even some family could contact the congregation in your new area..............

Even if your official card is misplaced or lost, the memories of those people cannot be excised.

Just some thoughts.

Blondie

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Hey Mr. Rasillon, I would if I were still an elder. (I still might be able to bluff it.) Many secretaries while they are supposed to forward any records usually forget stuff. Officially the only records that they are supposed to keep a copy of is anything related to "known child molesters." But if you can get the records forwarded and out, more power to you.

tsof

• rassillon
    rassillon

blondie : The things you mentioned I had thought of.....My thoughts were that an individual would tell their congragation that they were moving (preferrably far away) then once they got any records they needed sent to their accomplice and in their hands they could say that things didn't work out and they were moving back....but to a different near by congregation. It helps to live near a large city with many to choose from. I have used the excuse many times that I was visiting this or that cong. where I know nobody. When returning I would "shop" around offer excuses about how my card hasn't arrived...etc etc, and after awhile you can fade from thought. I have almost faded from thought from most in my "current/old" congregation. If I wasn't married I could pull off quite easily being an "apostate" and a JW all at the same time. You know the double life.

Oh well....If my wife ever decides to divorce me.

tsof, thanks for the comments, that is nice to know, buddy!

-r

• onacruse
    onacruse

Brooklyn kept detailed card-files of all df'd people.

I know this because, when I was a janitor there, polishing the floors. I saw, and briefly perused, the files. It was a card-rack, about 4' x 4'.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, rassilon, you could have them send your cards to a congregation far away from where you are really moving.........but................

If you tell your JW mother where you really live, she will probably eventually say something to the elders in her congregation who will talk to the elders in your old congregation and find out that you did not move where you said you were going to move and now your dear old mom will have told them where you do live.

Remember too, many websites will popup your name and address and phone number once you get settled...infospace.com is a good resource for finding people that owe the government money (part of an old job I had).

• timetochange
    timetochange

rassillon,

When I was in the Org. (not too long ago) the Congregation Secretary would forward a letter of "introduction" to a publisher's new Congregation. I presume this procedure is still in place. It's stated purpose was to prevent abusive publishers from moving to one congregation then another in order to continue in their abusive mode. The Congregation Secretary of your old congregation will expect the address of the congregation you are moving to or will on his own find out the address of your "new" congregation and send his letter according to procedure. It's been a long time since only publisher cards were forwarded from one congregation to another.

Ed.

• rassillon
    rassillon

onacruse: I am not DF'd, but that is interesting.

blondie: My parents don't get involved in my business. People that know me know better than to tangle with me. I am not mean, in fact I try to be very nice as long as you are nice to me. But if you tread where you are not wanted I will make your life hell and take things well past the point where it is more trouble then it is worth. I am fortunat to have parents that even if I did get outed as an apostate they would still talk to me and I would be very very very suprised if they would out me. They may not agree with me but they think that it is between me and Jehovah. Additionally my mom is a firecracker and elders don't like to have idle conversation with elders. She is usually a thorn in their side, asking questions that make them think, something elders are usually not very good at.

timetochange: i know about the letter of intro as I am\was a MS until just recently. This is exactly why I needed a willing accomplice in the right position AND why I wanted to know if anything copies or otherwise were kept by the sending congregation.

good comments all

I doubt I personally will "need" to do this unless it is just to get my file as a matter of principle.

-r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit