Wow a long list of Famous active JWs and xJWs

by Lady Lee 41 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

I remember few years ago someone telling me that Pope's brother in Poland was/is a JW. Can anyone verify that?

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I think that was the Pope's sister that is JW.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Zagor

Yes the popes cousin is living in Cooma NSW. An hour away from Canberra. She is an active JW. It made quite a stir when the pope got his position as it was around the same time as the local District Convention in Canberra. Popes cousin was in town and the Canberra Times actually interviewed her. Interesting bit of trivia.

• zagor
    zagor

Thank you misspeaches, I knew it came from somewhere lol :)

So how are you? Any party plans? :)

• under_believer
    under_believer

Jerry Lee Merrit, Rockabilly Hall Of Fame member. http://www.rockabillyhall.com/JerryMerritt1.html

• Satanus
    Satanus

The vast majority are in the entertainment field. Interesting. Hardly any scientists. No surprise, since being a scientist entails education.

S

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard from several sources that Michael Jackson's disassociation happened in 1987, shortly before he released his "Bad" album. He probably did get in trouble because of the Thriller video--and perhaps that created confusion. And likely he disassociated prior to Bad to avoid getting in trouble and so he could release it in peace.

However, I have no confirmation. It might be advisable to look it up on Google.

Ditto as to whether Prince is still in or not. And I have heard rumors, backed up by the latest two albums, that George Benson may have been disfellowshipped in 2005. Notably, his latest albums contain song titles that are suggestive of sex and drug use, which is an encouraging sign.

Finally, I have also heard that Xzibit is another former witless.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Seems so many are tied into jw's some how...

h40

• Mulan
    Mulan

Add Michelle Rodriguez to the list. She was on "Lost" for a few seasons, but was killed off after serving time for a DUI in Honolulu.

She was on The View yesterday and said she was raised a JW, but "you know, you have to leave the womb sometime, and I wanted to make my own way and my own decisions".......direct quote, as near as I can remember. She and Sherry Shepherd high fived each other.

• Gram
    Gram

Anyone heard of Richard Sohl? Pianist. Died. I think he was with Patti Smith's group? Anyone know what became of his sisters and brother, Steve? They lived in Flusing Meadows, NY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit