Need high qualtiy scan of May 1st WT QFR article !!

by cultswatter 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just a line before you write more about the woman at the bottom of the page - she was a very - very - lovable woman, her life story was printed in the WT, and if there is someone about whom one should speak no evil, it would be about her. I know people who knew her.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you, TheOldHippie, for reminding us of our common humanity. We must be kind to our grandmamas, always.

• bebu
    bebu

What do they say about the ones who believed themselves anointed and partook, and were admonished by elders? Should the anointed have bowed to the pressure of elders and GB to not partake? Or should they have always obeyed their conscience toward God? How can the JWs have it both ways--to promote themselves as always being willing to suffer for their private conscience, and to let the WTS tell them whether can even have a conscience?? That's some kind of handicapped 'anointed'.

bebu

• jwsons
    jwsons

LET'S DISFELLOWSHIP The former President Fred Franz, dump him into the same grave with Charles T. Russell:

** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels *** "No More Additions!" At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

jwsons

• gymbob
    gymbob

This is my first look at this article, and quite frankly it makes me sick.

I'm soooo glad to be away from it all.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit