By their deeds you shall know them - aka JW's who aint that christian

by LaniB 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

that gave me an idea - why don't you call the FE and the former flatmate and say "I really don't want to talk to you because you are scum sucking liars, but my conscience is bothering me and I need to tell you that I was playing with the oiuja board in that apartment, and I watched demonic movies, and learned how to use cyrstals to foresee the future, and I stored them in that furniture until I moved. I'm really afraid the furniture is now demonized."

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

That could be my story you told. I moved in with the darling of the congregation: a pioneer. This piece of trash was sleeping with any man who asked. She brought home guys in the middle of the night...I was the bad girl of the cong. because I worked full-time, I went to (gasp!) college. The roommate would tell people that I was doing the crap she was. Guess who was believed?

• LaniB
    LaniB

LMAO. Oh yeah, I know all about the so called 'good girls" (and good boys for that matter) of the congregation.

I still remember the time that after many talks to the young about behaviour, and the pointing out about how certain elders kids were so wonderful a large proportion of those same elder's kids got caught having a "party". Not just any party, the theme might as well have been "sex, drugs, rock n roll and booze too". After it got out quite a few got disfellowshipped. Of course, they made it back in record time.

• kaalogii
    kaalogii

This reminds me of one of our former congregation's "good boys" and the straw that broke the camel's back.

My story starts one Thursday evening when a ministerial servant called my husband to fill in for him by doing his Theocratic Ministry School Talk that evening. We didn't know what could cause such a sudden need for a fill in, especially since it was during the Circuit Overseer's visit. We assumed he was either seriously nervous or violently ill.

A few months later, this young man's wife was disfellowshipped. The word around the congregation was that she left him for an old boyfriend from her worldly days. Everyone was shocked. My husband felt bad for him. He decided to invite him to go swimming with him, which the young ministerial servant accepted.

The night they were going, he showed up at our house but told my husband that he'd really rather go to a Battle-of-the-Bands that was being held at the nearby Air Force Base. Wherever he wanted, it was his night. He had his brother-in-law with him, and they went to the concert instead of to the pool. While they were there, he decided he wanted to buy a beer. They ran into another ministerial servant there who was in line to get a beer...and they also got a beer each. Our young ministerial servant kept going for more beer. Eventually, he admitted to my husband that the night he called him to take over his talk, he'd punched his wife and given her a black eye, which was why they couldn't go to the meeting that night. The next thing that happened was that one of his old high-school girlfriends was at that concert, and they started flirting with each other. My husband told me about it when he got home. He was very worried, and told me that he and the brother-in-law had told him to steer clear of her, to which he had agreed. The guys all left the concert together, just as they had arrived.

The next day, my husband was still worrying about him, so we stopped by his house. There in the driveway was the car belonging to the high-school sweatheart. On the porch were 2 half empty bottles of beer and the front door was wide open. No one answered. Being concerned, my husband went from there to the nearest elder's house. Unbelievably, that elder reacted to my husband's concerns with anger. He was initially angry that my husband went to the Air Base and that my husband allowed his ministerial servant to get into such a situation.

The end result was that he admitted to having sex with this young woman, and still was not removed until 4 months later. However, my husband was "privately reproved" for going on an airbase and for drinking a beer in the presence of his brother-in-law (who without the knowledge of my husband was on probation). All this for trying to cheer up and encourage a ministerial servant who was out of control.

• kaalogii
    kaalogii

A side point....the ministerial servant's mother later told me that her daughter in law did what she did to see if she would get disfellowshipped. She had gone to the elders on various occasions complaining of physical abuse but they did not believe her and would not remove him. This info came from HIS mother, not hers.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

and soon found a fellow witness to share an apartment with. She had moved down from the country, elder's daughter, aux pioneer

and me with only my sister in the "truth". Bad move from the start.

Umm, I wasn’t an aux pioneer, never had pioneered at that stage.

Secondly, my dad wasn’t an elder, hadn’t been since the 70s when my mum was sick with cancer. So I don't know where you're getting

your story from.

My flatmate got very friendly with an elder and his family who I will now call Mr Friendly Elder (or FE) who her dad had asked

to make sure she settled in well.

Another lie, Ellani. My dad had nothing to do with my moving to Sydney. In fact, at that stage my dad and I weren’t even talking, so I don’t

know where you got the idea that my Dad had anything to do with FE or anyone else.

I got ill and was having trouble making it to evening meetings as I was coming home from work, having dinner and going straight to

bed

(some nights didn't even make it to dinner) but, or so I told myself, Jehovah will understand and I still make Sunday meetings.

But you were healthy enough to go and see “Last of the Mohicans” about 20 times in the city whereas you lived and worked in the

suburbs???? I saw your movie tickets which you left around the flat, because you never bothered to clean up after yourself.

And you often cooked dinner, but chose not to wash up, remember? I remember when my sister came to visit she was disgusted by your

lack of cleanliness in the flat.

Her MS hubby looked me straight in the eyes and said "You didn't hear it from me but there are some rumours circulating about you"

and

proceeded to tell me what FE was implying about me. I finally worked out that apparently everytime my lovely flatmate did something

questionable she blamed it on me.

Not sure what you’re talking about there. I never lied about you.

For example she'd mention a some scene in a movie she'd watched while I was in bed/out/at work or some album she'd listened to.

Someone would query about why she had watched it/listened to it and she'd immediately say "Oh I didn't do it, Lani insisted on doing

it. I was out doing the laundry/studying/cooking and I couldn't help it."

Well yes, you watched movies that I never would have considered watching. In the flat. While I was there. So there was no lying. You’re

just trying to make yourself look innocent. You were the one watching M-rated (In the USA, they’re rated as R) movies. And you had

music that I as a born-in JW would never had listened to.

After a few months of this the sister I was living with announced she was moving in with FE and his family. I was left with a place I

couldn't afford. I was tired, ill and I really missed my former congregation and my sister so I decided to go home. To help me out in

leaving quickly my soon to be former flatmate and FE offered to store my furniture because he told me he was having a garage sale

and he would forward the money on to me. Silly innocent me believed him and went home.

Ummm, for months you were talking about going back to Tasmania. So I had to look for somewhere else to live. Nothing scandalous

there.

I have no idea about the story of storing your furniture. I had nothing to do with that.

About four weeks later I got a call from former flatmate regarding the bills for the place, power and phone. It was about $75. Knowing

how much my furniture was worth (lounge suite, television, bed, wardrobe, dresser, table and chairs, microwave) I said well take the

money out of the money you got from the sale and send me the remainder. I got told that flatmate decided to keep it as I had

abandoned it, they said they never were planning a garage sale.

Umm, because you phoned home (Tassie) every night, your share of the phone bill was $200, not $75.

I paid you for the lounge suite. The television was mine. The table and chairs I took because we didn’t know what you wanted to do with

them. The dirty old mattress you let behind was taken by FE but I don’t think they kept it because of the condition it was in. The wardrobe

and dresser I don’t recall.

I do recall the horrible mess you left in the middle of the lounge room, which really disgusted me. You had no intention of taking out the

garbage bags, the old dirty clothes or the miscellaneous things you didn’t want. You just left them there for me to take care of, even

though I was in the middle of moving myself.

Nice huh.

Yeah.

I refused. I said it is worth at least $500 if not more. FE then said either I paid the money or they would keep my reading glasses that

I had left behind accidently in the dresser. I refused again.

Well, I was stupid enough to send you your portion of the rental bond without deducting the amount of your phone bill. That was a stupid

thing to do.

Well to cut what is probably now a really long story a little shorter that my friends is how I was responsible for an Elder being publicly

stood down.

Really? So it had nothing to do with the problems that were going on in the congregation you chose to stop associating with? You don’t

know as much as you think.

Didn't last long though. Apparently he was reinstated as an elder within a year or two.

Actually, it was a lot longer than that, but since you had no contact with the congregation anymore, you wouldn’t have a clue what was really going on.

After all, lying to your brothers, character assignation and stealing arn't so bad now... are they.

You do a pretty good job of it yourself!

But that was when I first started to see the true side of the borg.

Good for you!!!

• teel
    teel

Oooh, is this a small world or what? Hmm... Well, thanks to both of you for reminding me not to pass judgement until you hear both sides.

• yellow
    yellow

Well i`m shocked, was on Facebook the other day looking for ex-friends and came across a load of dubs from the k/h I was in. Elders, m/s and ones I thought were all so super spiritual. The photographs of them drinking and smoking and raving it up. There was holiday snaps of one m/s on an exotic holiday with his wife, no wonder he can afford such holidays after the exorbitant prices he charges even poor lowly sisters in the hall. One young sis has "shun the unbelievers" on her wall. These people are such hypcrites I am so glad I am out.

• IronHill
    IronHill

Holy Sh*t...talk about small world! I guess you never really know who is on this board!!

• out4good3
    out4good3

Damn....

Talk about being cold-busted!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit